Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm trying to decide on whether not to bite on this one or not. It's an excellent, maybe new P5c with box, I forgot to ask what else it came with . It's KC date and may have never been shot but hard to say without breaking it down, I didn't finger too much.

They're asking 1,295.00 for it. It seems fair but prices are all over the place it seems. What are your thoughts, is it good to go at that price? My gut says yes, but I'm still a little apprehensive. I guess I need pushing over the edge or pulling back, I know most of this stuff is personal value but.... Here are a couple of pics that I took today. Thanks for input.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
You better give that lovely P5C a home, before DUA does!!!:D

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
You better give that lovely P5C a home, before DUA does!!!:D

I take it, it seems worthy of the price? I have to admit, I know way more about HK's and their changes in value. I've had/have a few Walther's but I know very little about the more desirable ones.

I'm just glad I'm closer to it than he is :D.

I guess I'll just go for it first thing in the morning. I'll post some pics when I get it, not sure if I'll do Layaway or full pay.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I feel like they're usually quite a bit more than that when I see them on Gunbroker. And that one looks like it's in really nice shape.

Honestly, if I knew nice P5Cs were available at this price... I'd consider owning a one as a more viable option.

And if I didn't have to drop a grand on car repairs this week...

I might just be game to buy that one :)

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
DO NOT PURCHASE THIS P5C!!!

PM me and let me know where it is located.

Thank You.

Reactions: Vandal320

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
You better get it, before DUA does!!!

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Real Deal OP.

PM me, provide location of P5C, If within 250 miles of D/FW will drive out tomorrow AM, if still there, $100 finders fee paid in cash.

Again, real deal!

Have to add one stipulation. The finish appears odd on the slide (almost a rattle can finish look). If this P5C has it's Ulm Blued finish, I'll pay the finders fee.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
That is more like the going price for a P5, so clearly a bargain for a compact.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is it possible that the later compacts had a darker finish? More of a black bluing? The reason I say is I've been digging around for info for the last few hours and it seems the earlier ones are a little shinier.

This gun does have the Ulm antler proof on the frame. I found another compact that is darker like this one that's with 15 of production that sold in April. https://www.gunauction.com/buy/14829060

They almost look identical.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Is it possible that the later compacts had a darker finish? More of a black bluing? The reason I say is I've been digging around for info for the last few hours and it seems the earlier ones are a little shinier.

This gun does have the Ulm antler proof on the frame. I found another compact that is darker like this one that's with 15 of production that sold in April. https://www.gunauction.com/buy/14829060

They almost look identical.

You are correct. The P5 production darkened as the years went by.

Herr Walther and several others have discussed this (with pics provided) on the Forum.

Let me know if you want the finders fee, I'm in Austin on Thursday to pick up a NIB P5 safe queen.

You could make my road trip even better. Like, TWO P5s better!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
My name is DeutschlandUberAlles and I am a P5 Addict...;)

:D

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Uber Alles, I appreciate the info. I'm going on my way to get it this morning. I've been looking on and off for a compact for 2 years or so but just didn't keep up with prices .
There was a nice looking full size there too that I took pictures of if you're interested. It wasn't in quite as new, but still very nice.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Uber Alles, I appreciate the info. I'm going on my way to get it this morning. I've been looking on and off for a compact for 2 years or so but just didn't keep up with prices .
There was a nice looking full size there too that I took pictures of if you're interested. It wasn't in quite as new, but still very nice.

I sure am! I need a shooter.

Is this in the Austin area?

As stated in a prior post, heading that way @ 7am on Thursday.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
My name is DeutschlandUberAlles and I am a P5 Addict...;)

:D

I sure am!

Any & all NIB/NOS +95% P5s (priced below $1100) and P5C (priced below $1400) that are within a 250 mile radius will be viewed in person, and purchased if good.

Still need a nice shooter too ($700 tops).

If I run out of space, I'll buy a P5 safe.

Reactions: Pilotsteve

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'd say it's at 95 percent but they're asking 1195.00. I'm not sure if they haggle or not, I didn't even ask on the last one either. I got a new in box Sphinx at2000 from them. Let me know if you want their info.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I'd say it's at 95 percent but they're asking 1195.00. I'm not sure if they haggle or not, I didn't even ask on the last one either. I got a new in box Sphinx at2000 from them. Let me know if you want their info.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

I'll swing by and look if you provide the info.

Need to pull more cash at the ATM tomorrow.

EDIT;
Sounds like ANOTHER Texas pawn shop that needs a reality check. I'm up for it.
I posted last week about Classic Jewelry & Pawn in Rowlett, with a Beat To S***, BMI lineout/Police turn in (with the UGLY vibra-pen import ident on frame no less) priced @$1200!!!

If it IS a +95% P5, including everything it left Ulm with, and they can put me out the door @ $1100 "all in", I'm their guy.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts