Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else experienced this problem? The de-cocking lever on my P5C functions correctly but only if I use both my thumb and my other hand to apply sufficient downward force to engage the de-cocking mechanism. By contrast the de-cocking lever on my P5 works just fine when I simply use my right thumb to depress it.

I can't think of any good reason for the necessity to apply more downward force to engage the de-cocker on my P5C. Any thoughts or ideas?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Answering my own post. The problem is with the grip and not the mechanism. The lever lacks sufficient clearance at the end of its action. Thanks for your patience. I am new here.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Answering my own post. The problem is with the grip and not the mechanism. The lever lacks sufficient clearance at the end of its action. Thanks for your patience. I am new here.
Nice. Glad your gun isn't messed up. I had some wood grips on a P226 that wouldn't let the decocker fully.... decock. Chiseled out a little notch... it's good to go.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes. That is why I made my second post after starting this thread, Works fine with original grips.

·
Premium Member
13,791 Posts
I'm sorry, I guess I didn't understand what you were saying in post no. 2. Without a doubt, the problem your having is with the aftermarket grips. Simple fix...find out where the lever or mechanism is rubbing on the aftermarket grip and remove a little wood.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am the one who was not clear. I really appreciate your help. I am working with Earl who sold me the grips to get the fit right. I have dealt with him in the past and I highly recommend him based on my personal experience. The grips have a thumb rest which I can't wait to try out at the range once I get everything right. They feel really good in my hand.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts