Walther Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post. I am interested in purchasing a P5C NIB. I contacted Earl's a few days ago, and the gentleman I spoke with said he had 85 in stock. He also said he had 2 or 3 of the L102A1's left. Now, the point of this post. The man said that Earl's Repair Service IS Walther Germany in the US. He went on to say that the P5Cs, in this case, are only German-marked, and when he needs more of them, the factory manufactures more for him. The P5Cs he has are NIB. He said that the P5C is a current gun, still being built and supported by Walther Germany. He said that it is Walther's "Bread-n-Butter" pistol. MY QUESTION: Is what this gentleman said TRUE??? I had it in my mind that the P5C was out of production and quickly becoming more of a collector's piece than a currently used/produced weapon. But, in a recent magazine I purchased (no more than three months ago) an article on Walther clearly states that the P5 and P5C are still in production. If so, why don't they appear on any Walther factory sites? What's the real story??? If I'm going to buy one of the P5Cs from Earl's, I want to know I'm dealing with folks that are honest about the products they're representing. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
I can not speak for Earl.....
however I can tell you that the P5 is still in production in limited runs.
This most likely will last till the last few countries and states drop the P5 as a police issued gun and then there will be no more.
I am not sure as of why S&W does not import the P5, however as of last year they still had a current part # for P5 mags in the price list.
As to the P5 being the "Bread 'n Butter".... that is a over statement. However if you did not speak to Earl the shop worker might not be too much informed. The "Bread 'n Butter" for Walther right now would be the P99.....
The P5's as said, are a limited run for police agencies that still have these guns issued and are not done just for Earl, but Earl is able to purchase these when the production is going.
Earl is a good guy... and I would buy from him anytime if my funds would allow so ...... hope that helps :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts