Walther Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would there be any interest among P5 users in getting a run of extended barrels made by Jarvis for the P5?  Personally, I would LOVE to have an extended barrel for threading.  Earl (of Earl's Repair Service) says Walther only made 50 of these (and quoted a price of $5,000 per barrel).  Can't see paying that, but if we got a group buy together...  After all, I DO intend to shooot it if I get it.

Looks like the reverse engineering would be pretty difficult on one.

·
Registered
356 Posts
If you want a threaded barrel, you might be better off buying a spare factory barrel, as there seems to be barely enough barrel extending beyond the slide to accommodate threads. The long (135mm, I think) factory barrel had a front sight attached to it, and the corresponding slide had the front sight milled off. It is with this configuration -- with a longer sight radius -- that you're likely to get improved accuracy. A longer barrel with the original sight radius will give slightly increased bullet velocity (and energy). And, given that the P5 and P5C are out of production, it will be difficult to convince any barrel manufacturer that it is worth tooling up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts