Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
posted 09-16-2003 04:42 PM                       

I was wondering if anyone has had Actions by "T" do a "Complete Action Job" on their P5? In my research I see him mentioned reverently - I'd greatly appreciate any experiences or other recommendations.
Additionally, Would a trigger job smooth out the stages I seem to feel or is that inherit to the design?
Many Thanks in advance for any of your thoughts, experience, and/or advice!!!
Warm regards from Miami,
b-

·
Registered
13 Posts
bhp,

I'm not a gunsmith, but I don't know how much an action job would do for the P5. The final stage where the sear is released could be smoothed and lightened, but you will still have the stage where the firing pin is raised against spring tension. I suppose a smith could lighten the spring tension holding down the firing pin. I've done some dry-firing with my P5's to get used to the feel of the triggers. When I'm shooting slowly for accuracy in single-action mode, I take up the slack, then raise the firing pin, then concentrate on squeezing off the shot. I don't notice the trigger staging when shooting double-action.--Leigh

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Leigh,
Many Thanks for your time and thoughts - I frankly had thought as much and I probably should shoot it much more to smooth it out. I haven't handled another P5 so I thought to ask around - I'm appreciative to reference your similar experience.
Thanks again!
b-

·
Registered
58 Posts
bhp,
I have 2 P5s. One has an action/trigger job from an unknown source. BIG difference! While the factory model shoots good and is nice. The other is like running your finger though soft butter. That's the DA mode. SA is crisp and light.

I am sorry, I don't know who did it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Many Thanks John,
Sounds like I should consider a trigger/action job - I very much like the way your's sounds and I really like the overall fit and design of the P5. A butter DA - nice!
Is your feedramp polished? I've read concerns over it being done to the alloy but I probably wouldn't be that concerned.
Many Thanks Again,
b-

·
Registered
58 Posts
bhp,

I had to check the safe and see. No, my feed ramps are not polished on either P5 or P5C.

However, I did notice something when removing the slide. I also noticed the same thing a couple of weeks ago on the P99.

A couple weeks ago I removed the slide on my P99 and while holding both pieces I turned and bumped the slide on something. It rang like a bell. My wife even noticed from the other room and asked if I was playing with a tuning fork or something. "What was that chime, I heard." Damm they have good ears.

My point : Walther slides ring. My other high dollar European guns don't.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi John,
Many Thanks for the follow up!
I never noticed the ring on the P5 but I have on my disassembled Luger - quite the tuning fork!
Most Gratefully,
Bryan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts