Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I got the P5... well at least I won the auction.... long wait till she gets here I think.. 10 days maybe till all is done and over with

anyhow... anybody got a set of wood grips they wanna part with ??  Nills or factory..... either normal or with Thumbrest ??

I like the thumbrest look, though I am wondering how well she would ride in a holster with those grips..... anyhow if you got a set you wanna sell for fair price let me know

·
Registered
174 Posts
When you get it, would you please post a picture of it and give us your impressions of the gun? Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I sure will.....

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that ling
that is a fair price for them,,,, there is some that are a lot more,,, the ones with thumbrest cost $158 .......which is what I originally planed on buying,,, but who knows...
I think I buy those now

My P5 is on its way... will be at the gunshop on the 16th....
then I take some pics of the P5 and my P99 and G22

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ordered......
maybe they get here the same day

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Allrighty....
So my grips arrived yesterday,,,, my P5 I just picked up a few hours back,,,,
Amazing... the P5 looks like it had maybe 50 rounds through it... no marks on the mags... no other visible marks hardly at all... I am stoked .. so stoked...
I tried to put the Nill's on .. but for some reason the wires that are under the grip pannels seam to not wanting to fit under the Nill's... but I will try it again when I have daylight...
Anyhow... omg that feel of the P5 is just amazing great,, if it shoots only half as good as it feels in my hand... I will be happy.... I will post pics soon... along with the G22

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
I recall having to do a bit of fine trimming with a dremel tool to the interior of the Nills when I got them for my P5. Not much at all for the spring area you mention but quite a bit around the heel magazine release.

Not sure why. Other Nills I have used on other pistols never required this.

Regards,
Jeff

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks
I might call Nill and ask them about it... as I don't want to dremel and have something go wrong and then they won't exchange them anymore
Thanks for that info

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nill's got put on today...
I had emailed Nill and they were not aware of this issues.... I know 3 (4 including me) people now that had to work on their Nills for the P5 ....
Nill had told me that if something should go wrong with the grips for any reason they would not let me standing in the rain,,,,
small amount of 380 grit snadpaper .. file and a lil dremel.... they fit snug like a glove now.....

Sooo now I will finish cleaning it.. then go take the sweet thing out for a test.....

pic without silde as it is getting cleaned

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Did you buy the slip on grips.... or the ones that replace the original grip pannels ??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts