Walther Forums banner

P5 Mag

2K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  DeutschlandUberAlles 
#1 ·
Got lucky. Numrich Gun Parts is a site I use for parts and often check for things. Last week I was looking at P5 parts and found they had P5 mags in stock. Well, one, anyway. I tries to buy all they had, but they only had one in stock.

Not a bad idea to keep looking for rare parts.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 · (Edited)
Got two deliveries today, one from Numrich, two new Mec-Gar 8 round Nickel plated mags for the 1900 Am Eagle DWM/Martz Luger.

I don't want to shoot a 120 year old gun with what appears to be the original mag.

The other delivery was ANOTHER Explorer pistol case, also for the Luger.

#10 ·
#11 ·
Pilotsteve posted a description or video on modifying P38 mags for his P5, and at one time volunteered to do this for people. Maybe elsewhere in Andy’s same link.

BTW, have we had any Steve Sightings recently? He has been scarce since he became a moderator a couple years ago, especially on the P5 forum.

#14 ·
Pilotsteve modified some P38 magazines mostly as a lark to see if it could be successfully done. He very professionally milled a slot in the lower spine of the magazine to accept the P5 mag catch. All it needed then was a O-ring (or a spacer) above the floorplate to prevent over-insertion; removal of the O-ring allowed it to still function perfectly in a P38.

And yes, I think he got jaded by rashly agreeing to moderate.

M

#16 · (Edited)
Speaking of mags, has anyone seen the video on YouTube where the guy changes the mag catch out for a P1 catch? ...
It can be done, but the problem of over-insertion remains to be dealt with.
Without a positive stop, the magazine is free to be pushed upward and foul the ejector, drag on the underside of the slide, and possibly bend the feed lips.

M

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.