Walther Forums banner

P5 Lang & Regular P5 pics

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  BornFighting88 
#1 ·
Thought I’d share some pics of my recent pick up (Long barrel version) and 2 other P5’s. Bought my first camera so learning and trying different things with it. Thanks for looking! Jim

https://photos.app.goo.gl/H16KENmXkxbicHuo9

#7 ·
I liked the P5 as it was standard, but that Lang version makes it look like an illegitimate love child between a P5 and a P1/P38..... =-p
LOL... That's a pretty accurate description. I used to think the P5 looked a little out-of-sorts. Now that I own one, I think it looks pretty cool. Would love to find a P5 Lang. I just think it looks cool. Don't know why. Just do. I'm sure it goes for something I'm unwilling to pay for. I've tried to find one to see what they go for but they're rare.

At first, I didn't have too much interest in the P5. Then one day, I walked into my LGS asking about something else. On the wall was a P5. Part of an estate he was liquidating. I asked to see it and it handled well for me. Nice. Clean. Smooth racking. Then put it back and met my friend for coffee... Wrong thing to do. My friend had owned 2 of them and proceeded to tell me everything about them which sparked my interest. We went back to the shop the following week. I almost walked out without it again until the owner of the store said it also comes with the original grips. Had some after market wooden grips on it that I didn't like. That sealed the deal for me.

#9 ·
I am in the same boat for a Luger P08, either in 9mm or 30 Luger. More than I want to pay, so I feel your pain, man.

Still can’t stop looking at these photos, really really interesting. How does that P5 shoot?? Have handled one, but not shot it.
The P5 is great! Smooth. Not much recoil, to me. Accurate. Fun to shoot. I do think it is a bit bulky to carry but as a range gun or even owb carry it is fine. Love the double recoil springs. Very unique. Handles well.

A Luger P08 might be in my sights if I can find one I'm willing to buy for the prices they're asking... 😄

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.