Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have an instruction manual for the P5 in English?

I know, I know, only three people in America even have Walther P5's and you and I are two of them, so the chances of a P5 Instruction manual in English is a bit iffy...

I recently purchased a used P5 from SOG and it is a pleasure to shoot.. I can see already the pistol is capable of much better accuracy than my old eyes can take advantage of.  I like the P5 and it will be very comfortable alongside my pristine P1..

I can discern from the German manual how to disassemble the P5 for cleaning, I think, but it would be nice to see it written in English.

Thanks!

J. Pomeroy

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Well I have a NIB P5 and an instruction manual. If you send me you email I can make a copy it at work and then send it to you.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
On gunbroker
I would contact the seller and ask if it is in English also.... mine is in English and in German....

other than that I have not seen one if you want a original manual.....
or as many will know I can always give you the Link to Earl's he will for sure have a original....

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[b said:
Quote[/b] (uncut @ Aug. 26 2006,9:43)]On gunbroker
I would contact the seller and ask if it is in English also.... mine is in English and in German....

other than that I have not seen one if you want a original manual.....
or as many will know I can always give you the Link to Earl's he will for sure have a original....

I went to "Earl's" website and they don't offer a P5 manual in English.. Only German and Swedish..

My Swedish is iffy too..  

By the way, I'm must be the only "poor guy" with a P5 in America. When I went to "Earls" I was a bit surpised at the cost of, for example, magazines ($79) and holsters ($150& up). I was pleasantly surprised to find my Bianchi model #5 (Which says: "fits Glock 17") fits my P5 perfectly... (As well as my Sig P239).

Thanks anyway!

J. Pomeroy

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Earl is Importer for Walthers that S&W won't touch.... like .22lr rifles and target pistols... all his holsters are Walther original holsters imported form Germany.... but you should call him.. I am sure he as a bi langual P5 manual or click the link to gunbroker..... if your not registered there you need to register.....
http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=54873517
here it is for you to copy and paste.......

also on a site note that has been said by many before... call him and see if he has it used... there is many things he is not listing on the page....
also if you look around you will not find a P5 mag for under $60 a pop unless you find somebody in ebay that doesn't know what he is selling.........

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[b said:
Quote[/b] (uncut @ Aug. 26 2006,10:51)]Earl is Importer for Walthers that S&W won't touch.... like .22lr rifles and target pistols... all his holsters are Walther original holsters imported form Germany.... but you should call him.. I am sure he as a bi langual P5 manual or click the link to gunbroker..... if your not registered there you need to register.....
http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=54873517
here it is for you to copy and paste.......

also on a site note that has been said by many before... call him and see if he has it used... there is many things he is not listing on the page....
also if you look around you will not find a P5 mag for under $60 a pop unless you find somebody in ebay that doesn't know what he is selling.........
Hey, I'm an "equal opportunity" pistol lover.  I'm not too overwhelmed that the new P5 mags are pricy.  The P5 is a quality firearm and it stands to reason the mags will be a bit more than other's might be.

Heck I paid $55.00 +shipping for a new factory 13rd magazine for my Bersa Thunder 9 (Ultra Compact).  Altho, later I did find an online retailer who only charged $40+shipping. My understanding is the the Bersa Thunder 9 (UC) was basically designed around the Walther P88, but I don't know for sure.  I can verify that it is an excellent pistol.  Mine had been 100% reliable and very accurate.  

Thanks Again,

Jesse Pomeroy

·
Registered
174 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (PX15 @ Aug. 27 2006,2:47)]My understanding is the the Bersa Thunder 9 (UC) was basically designed around the Walther P88, but I don't know for sure.  I can verify that it is an excellent pistol.  Mine had been 100% reliable and very accurate.  

Thanks Again,

Jesse Pomeroy
I believe so, too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts