Walther Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any recommendations regarding holsters for P5. I have a concealed carry permit and would like to consider carrying my "new" used P5.

Also, any suggestions regarding P5 magazines. I am interest in a couple extra mags. Good sources, suppliers??

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
I also came to own my first P5 recently. Nice little gun and I am carrying it.

I purchased a leather IWB holster from Don Hume for the Beretta Cougar and it fits my P5 perfectly. Kramer Leather will make and sell you a brand new holster for the P5 and his stuff is very high quality, about twice the price of the Hume but much sturdier.

I was able to get some decent used magazines for $35 each from the guy at carlwather.com

hope that helps

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
+1 to Earl's and his used stuff..... ver good guy to deal with
also there is a few other holster makers out there that do P5 stuff...
I think Blade-tech is one of them if you are looking for a Kydex holster...

·
Registered
122 Posts
FWIW, I found a leather military surplus shoulder holster from a store in England. Surprisingly, the holster + shipping was under $30 (US). Seems that in some time past, some elements of the British armed forces used the P5. The holster is dated from the 1970's. Fit and the materials are terrific. Might try a Google and see what you can turn up!

Out West

·
Registered
316 Posts
Leather Gear

Price Western Leather has what you need as far as holsters for all the Walther series of pistols. As for magazines you may want to try www.triplek.com. They pretty much have it all.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Try Horseshoe Leather...the wait is long, but worth it. No one makes a better, or more beautiful holster, then Andy Arratoonian. It's a true one man shop. The designs are all time proven and solid and the craftsmanship second to none. Prices are reasonable, too, for hand made leather gear.

I have holsters from Andy for my P5, P5 Compact and PPK (as well as for my Sig P225). Great gear.

His website is also very informative...discusses the design issues and materials issues and provides a good primer on the subject...

Check him out at www.holsters.org

·
Registered
4 Posts
Some topics never die! Cut-and-pasted from an earlier posting:
I bought my P5 as a “range gun,” never intending to carry it for SD. (Sorry, but I’m a tried-and-true 1911 guy!) However, I like to have at least *some* holster for each of my guns. My assortment of four sizes of Bianchi X-15 shoulder holsters covers just about anything, but sometimes a belt rig is preferable. When I purchased my H&K USP Compact, I also got four holsters: two leather and two polymer. The polymer examples were a Blackhawk Serpa CQC and a Fobus #HK1; the leather scabbards were a pair of DeSantis rigs: an open top #2 “Speed Scabbard” OTP and a reinforced open-top #28 “Cozy Partner” ITP. While the USP-C polymer holsters were definitely a no-go for the P5, the leather DeSantis offerings were another story: the P5 fits, albeit with *some* slop, in the ITP “Cozy Partner,” but it’s a dead-on great fit in the #2 “Speed Scabbard” OTP. (The DeSantis stock number is #002BAF3Z0 for the right hand, black version. An added bonus is that this model has three slots to increase carry position options.)
For those looking for options in re an affordable, readily available production P5 holster, I hope this helps.
Steve

·
Registered
333 Posts
The yaqui holsters are perhaps an interesting option for concealed carry. These come in two varieties; thin and thick strap. The thin strap is the older model and it is dis-adviced to use it because of some accidental discharges (the strap went inside the triggerguard when the gun was holstered). The newer model with the thick strap is currently used by the Dutch police for concealed carry.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was actually looking around and the only person who seems to (1) keep them in stock and (2) have a wide variety of styles is Earl at carlwalther.com/holster.htm .

My only problem is I don't know what the difference is in the holsters as the only description is the one on that page. But there will be 3 inside belt loop with clip holsters, and 3 inside belt loop with loop holsters. The only difference I can tell is between the holsters is some are molded exact;y to the gun, some have roughed out edges and others are flat looking with no gun shape.

Anyone know the difference between the 305, 306, 308 and 313 (all clips) and the 310, 311 and 314 (loops)?

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
If the photos don't work for you, I'd suggest sending an email to Earl. He's good at responding to questions and will no doub't cover your concerns.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts