Walther Forums banner

P5 holster

2K views 13 replies 3 participants last post by  denfoote 
#1 ·
I just found a new P5 holster on e-bay!!

Purchased same.

It's coming from England.

I'll post pics when it gets here.

#2 ·
Ummmmm
if it is the one that I remeber seeing.... I hope you are lefthanded....
I remeber only one Leather holster from England being listed here from the same holster maker that makes the holsters for SAS......
It was a sweet holster for sure and if you can use it will be great.....also if I remember correctly it was a very good price too.......

#3 ·
That be the one and I'm ambidextrous!!!

Actually, I've been considering left handed carry for quite some time. Arthritis in my right shoulder is gunna force me to switch at some time anyway!!!

I shoot equally well with either hand and the P5 is an ambi gun.

#4 ·
[b said:
Quote[/b] (denfoote @ Aug. 30 2006,1:37)]That be the one and I'm ambidextrous!!!  

Actually, I've been considering left handed carry for quite some time. Arthritis in my right shoulder is gunna force me to switch at some time anyway!!!  

I shoot equally well with either hand and the P5 is an ambi gun.
Congratulations on the holster buy..

If it turns out you aren't as "comfortable" being a lefty rather than just discarding the holster you are welcome to send it to me for disposal.

Please pre-pay postage, package carefully, and insure.

I'm a dedicated lefty myself, but I don't really need another P5 holster because when I bought my "used" P5 part of the package was a 67lb, multi-adjustable, thumb snap, right hand, police/military type holster..  Somebody must have had to kill 7 black cows to produce all of the leather required for this sucker.

Actually my Bianchi #5 thumbsnap holster (for the Glock 17) fits the P5 perfectly..(As well as my Sig P239).

Just kiddin' about the "disposal part"..  I'd keep the sucker!

Best Wishes,

J. Pomeroy

#5 ·
I hope it will fit your P5 snug..... let us know... I am not certain anymore why I did not pick it up... I had a few mails with the seller some time back....
might have just been that I wasn't going to carry my P5
I wouldn't though consider the P5 an ambi gun..... yes you can shoot it fine lefthanded... and a magchange is no problem neither with the P5... however the decocker on only one side would exclude it from a ambi gun list IMHO ....

anyhow ... congrats again on one fine holster !!!!

#7 ·
[b said:
Quote[/b] (uncut @ Aug. 30 2006,5:01)]I hope it will fit your P5 snug..... let us know... I am not certain anymore why I did not pick it up... I had a few mails with the seller some time back....
might have just been that I wasn't going to carry my P5
I wouldn't though consider the P5 an ambi gun..... yes you can shoot it fine lefthanded... and a magchange is no problem neither with the P5... however the decocker on only one side would exclude it from a ambi gun list IMHO ....

anyhow ... congrats again on one fine holster !!!!
Actually, if you look at the decocker control, it's geometry is such that it can be operated with both the right thumb or the left index finger with equal ease.(I know, I've tried it) This suggests that the Deutschers DID, in fact, take lefties into consideration when they designed the P5. Also, if I remember right, a certain level of ambidexterity was specified in the original design specs. I remember reading this in one of Gene Gangorosa's books.

#8 ·
Hi denfoote
I saw the post of your P5 and holster on the Glock/Walther forum.... check my reply...
I still think looking at the pic that it is a lefthanded holster... (letherflap and beltloops for cant) but like I said there..... if it was for the price that it was listed a few months back you stole that thing out of the UK and you better make sure SAS won't come after you... this is a great holster.....and just to let you know.. if I could shoot lefthanded this wouldn't be your holster couse it be on my belt already for some time....

#9 ·
OK. I'll check it out now.

I can prove this is a right handed holster.

Here are photos I took of my old DeSantis #2 holster. It is right handed and has the same "feature" as the P5 holster.
The proof is a follows. I duplicated the poses that the seller took of the holster I bought. Notice the geometry. It is the same!! Hence, a RH holster.

QED.

Pic #1 Back of holster with lettering clearly visable.

Here is the pic of the back of the Brit holster for comparsion.

Pic #2 Front of holster. Notice the FRONT flap.

Now, the front of the SAS holster.

#14 ·
I have one of those as well: Bianchi Black Widow.
It's just a matter of preference, but I don't like thumb break holsters. I prefer open top!!

It's a nice holster, though!! The FIST clip IWB for my Beretta 92FS also fits. That is what I had been using, because it's an open top holster. But my hips are getting such that IWB carry is sometimes painful. That's why I held out for an open top pancake holster!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.