Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm new to the P5 fourm. But have been over at the PP/TP forum before. I just bought my first P5 at the LGS. Beautiful condition. Looks barely fired. It does have a few little knicks though. Was wondering about how it might be touched up? What is that finish on the frame? My pistol is from the late '80s if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
The frames are all anodized aluminum. Not sure what would work to give a seamless touch up. I have left mine as is for a long time because I think honest wear looks better than an obvious touch up.
Welcome to the wonderful world of the P5.

Reactions: ruhroh

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks BlitzPig... I don't mind normal wear but little nicks drive me nuts. It's really in only a few places. Weird how it looks like the frame is painted. Just some touch up would go a long way. Found a thread that talked about Aluma-Hyde. I may try it. Otherwise my pistol is in excellent condition. Most of the nicks are on the nose of the frame where the slide goes on.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
I wouldn’t mess with it, but if you do please let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I did try some Birchwood Casey Aluminum Black... It didn't work so well. It darkened the area but not as much as I would have liked. On very small nicks, it didn't work at all. On larger areas, like inside the mag well (my test area) it was better but only darkened it to a medium grey. On the large area, I could see leeetle bubbles forming as it blackened. Oh well, now you don't have to try it... I tried it for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts