Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have both a P5 and a P5C? I have the full size P5 (which I really like) and am trying to talk myself into shelling out the $$ for the compact to go with it. Are there any handling differences between them worth mentioning? Do I really "need" one of each, or should I save my money and just be happy with the P5?--Leigh

·
Registered
356 Posts
I have both. The geometry of the slides are different. The magazine release is also quite different. That of the P5C is more friendly to those who use their thumb to release the magazine. If I had to choose between them, I'd choose the P5C. So, I guess you need to buy one.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dr. Ken! As you probably suspected, that's the answer I was hoping for.--Leigh

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
P5Cs seem pretty easy to find if you are willing to spend $1000 on one. I haven't seen many good deals on the compact, but asking prices on the full size P5 vary a lot.--Leigh

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
James, thanks for the heads-up. It is a pretty good deal, especially with the Nills. With my luck I'm probably too late though.--Leigh

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I wasn't too late on that good deal that Extremist posted, and I picked the gun up today. I like the compact better than the standard, mainly because of the reduced size of the grip area. In fact, with the Nill grips it came with, this little pistol feels better in my hand than about any other I've tried. Can't wait to take it to the range.--Leigh

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Glad I could help
Gee I should get a finder's fee

James

1 - 9 of 9 Posts