Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked this up recently...its the 6th example made and in really great shape.

Built in 1987...

My other P5C is also very early (#158) and its a 1988 model, so I'm guessing very few were built in 1987. Walther built over 6000 of them, so its cool to have two early models, distinguishable by the smooth wood grips and heel mag release.

Here's my P5 collection.

1987 P5 Compact, 1988 P5 Compact, 1984 P5, and 1987 P5 (both commercial models)

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
I would love to see the inside of the grips....
I wonder if they have pencil markings on them........

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,227 Posts
Simply amazing. Well done, Sir; I'd tremble to simply hold one someday, let alone own such a magnificent collection.

-Pilotsteve

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

Sorry for the year delay, but I was just looking at this pistol for the first time since shortly after picking it up. Yes, the inside of the grips are marked with a pencil. Strangely, the grips on my 198& model are not marked at all.

Not sure what this means, honestly, but maybe someone here knows.

I will say that every book I own or read that talks of the P5 Compact says it was introduced in 1988. However, this one being #6 was built in 1987. I’m thinking it was built late in the year. I’ll assume very few were, since my 1988 model is only #158.

·
Registered
964 Posts
very nice looking pistole but why haven't you looked at it in over a year ? Seem like a terrible waste of a beautiful object d art ,I would have it on display ,or do you have small children . Ayb

1 - 9 of 9 Posts