Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done as much research as i can for this gun. i know it is was manufactured in NOV 1943 in Spreewerk. It appears to be all matching, but when i removed the grips i found a stamp that doesnt make sense to me. https://imgur.com/a/ouktlV6

Any idea what this is? Does it have meaning, or did someone just add this marking themselves?

·
Registered
271 Posts
It is an original to the era marking. These are the cyq-only "under left grip" numbers. It is believed that they were only an in-house tracking measure used on frames until they were assigned/assembled into a final weapon. There appears to be no correlation to the weapon serial number.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is an original to the era marking. These are the cyq-only "under left grip" numbers. It is believed that they were only an in-house tracking measure used on frames until they were assigned/assembled into a final weapon. There appears to be no correlation to the weapon serial number.

Ok, that is interesting, Thanks!

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have P38 AC41 4287d all matching that has WAFFSCHU DE 10 in that position, which is a German exporter. Then it went to Belgium and received Belgian proof marks and finally to C.A.I. a U.S. importer. So it is always interesting to see stampings on these pistols, either u/i new or known. All part of the historical record on these 'ol vets. And sometimes answers can be found in these forums.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts