Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just picked up a ww2 P38 CYQ. With an empty mag the slide will lock back but when you manually engage the slide stop it will not hold and the slide drops. Any ideas what to check? The spring is installed correctly. The grips are not original (don’t know if that would cause this?)

·
Registered
271 Posts
damaged slide stop? Have you cleaned it out and inspected it for cracks or damage? Wondering if the pin pulls it into place when the mag is present, but the thumb raise technique pushes from another angle and if it is damaged, it may be sliding out of alignment.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay so I have a stash of P38 parts. Have some new slide stops (post war though). I put one in and it did seem to fix the problem. I also changed the sear spring and when I did that it the slide would lock back but drop when mag removed. Put original spring back in and it seems fine now. The sear spring looks different than post war new ones I have.

Also looking at the notch in slide for the slide stop it looks kind of worn and elongated but the new slide stop did resolve the issue

1 - 3 of 3 Posts