Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I’m new to the thread but Hoping some of the geniuses on her can provide me more info than google can. I received a Walther p38 from my father in law. Story goes it was handed down from his father who obtained it during ww2. His father invaded Normandy, Bastogne and discharged in 45 so I’m guessing it is definitely made before the end of war. It is an ac 43. Serial number 2181. Eagle proof of 359. I appreciate any information or history anyone can provide about the gun
D6CA0D4B-EB23-4DE8-847B-57B4086832E0.jpeg

·
Premium Member
8,647 Posts
I believe you have a 1st variation 1943 stacked AC. Notice that there is no "hump" under the trigger guard which would mean a reinforced frame.
What I find interesting is no letter after the serial number which I think denotes it was produced at the beginning of the series.
From the two images it looks to be in very nice shape and the bakelite grips appear pristine.
Could you share images of the other side as well?

A nice weapon. Take special care if you intend upon shooting it and have a very knowledgeable smith check it out and guide you before you do.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
What I find interesting is no letter after the serial number which I think denote it was produced at the beginning of the series.
Correct. Made in January 1943 (43) by Walther/Zella-Mehlis (ac)

Reactions: olsoul

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe you have a 1st variation 1943 stacked AC. Notice that there is no "hump" under the trigger guard which would mean a reinforced frame.
What I find interesting is no letter after the serial number which I think denote it was produced at the beginning of the series.
From the two images it looks to be in very nice shape and the bakelite grips appear pristine.
Could you share images of the other side as well?

A nice weapon. Take special care if you intend upon shooting it and have a very knowledgeable smith check it out and guide you before you do.
7CA2A5C4-EE5A-4014-8869-C19CD1E1BB88.jpeg
5E6B1285-B008-4E36-872D-8E5D2E650DCA.jpeg

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
WaA 359 also indicates Walther as manufacturer.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
No. WaA 359 means it was accepted by the military. The ac means it was made by Walther tho.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
...and 359 is Walther's WaA code...

Reactions: olsoul
1 - 7 of 7 Posts