Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were shooting Remington UMP ammo through my grandfather's P38 a few weekends ago, and it wasn't feeding the ammo properly. His old ammo (the casing was the same length but the bullet was slightly longer) fed just fine.

What do you guys use for range ammo?

·
Registered
489 Posts
I have recently started using UMC in 9mm and .380 and it has been OK for about 500 rounds so far. Others I use are American Eagle and CCI Blazer.

·
Registered
42 Posts
My new P1 feeds WWB, Blazer, and S&B (all 115gr.) without problems. The Blazer empties don't go as far upon ejection and therefore will often land on me, but not a surprise since they are lighter in weight.

PhilR.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, thanks. Maybe it's the gun since all the ammo you guys use seems to work.

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
Aralls: I'm also using Winchester white box FMJ in a recently acquired P1 and have not a hiccup with it. The gun goes bang every time, and the bullets also seem to fly unerringly straight. Best of all, WallyWorld sells the stuff for $15.72 per hundred-round box in my area, which is hard to argue with these days. Give it a try -- bet you'll be happy, indeed. Good luck.

·
Registered
42 Posts
OK, thanks. Maybe it's the gun since all the ammo you guys use seems to work.
I might be crazy, but I seem to recall that the UMC uses a more rounded bullet, with an overall cartridge length that was slightly shorter than WWB or Blazer. If you haven't tried it yet, you might get a box of WWB at your local Wally-world and give it a shot (or 50).

PhilR.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Rem UMC

I bought four boxes of the stuff, Dick's had it on sale. Had all Kinds of problems with feeding. Ran 4 other brands through my P-38 without a problem. One of the rounds came without a primer so I took it to Bass Pro and compared it to Winchester, It was maybe a tenth of an inch shorter. Tried the winchester and it ran fine. I then tried 1 round of Rem mixed in with the Win and had no problem. I then gradually increased the ratio to where I can alternate the rem with the win and I have no problem. However, once the rem is out I do not intend to buy more for this pistol.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good info. Thanks for all the help, guys. Hoefully some WWB will solve our problems, but I may have to wait until Spring to find out.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Is the round nose diving into the magazine when the slide trys to pick up a round? If so you may need to change out the magazine spring.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts