Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

Came across this P38 at an estate sale and paid a pretty penny for it so hopefully it's worth it. The holster appears original and stamped with a nazi eagle. The only downside is the writing on the inside as seen in the picture. I imagine a good leathersmith could have it removed. The gun itself is marked with the nazi eagle and 359. The serial number matches all parts except for the clip which is unmarked as far as I can tell. My big concern is the previous owner etched AH in the handle as shown in the picture. Is there anything to remedy this? I had a "gun guy" tell me to go over it with black sharpie. He said it would be there but it would at least be less noticed. I guess I could always argue that AH is Adolf Hitler and then maybe the value skyrockets!! All in all everything seems in good shape. Any info on remedies as well as valuation would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
505 Posts
The early high polish sure looks good. Too bad about the initials - that hurts the value, but I'd say it's worth "a pretty penny" anyway. I wouldn't worry about the "personalized" holster, though. Beautiful.

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Since the inside of the holster has "A Hefner Lima Oh RFD" written on it, I am assuming the AH on the pistol would be A Hefner? :rolleyes:

Pudge

·
Registered
505 Posts
The guy had a small collection of collectable guns it's a surprise he would go and do something like that
Many holsters are personalized like that by the GI bringing them home. An RFD address in LIma sounds WW2 era to me. Pretty sure they number their houses in Lima now.

·
Registered
163 Posts
The hell with the nay sayers, it is a BEAUTIFUL wartime P.38. The AH is just part of it's history. And probably made by a veteran who certainly EARNED the right to put his mark on the pistol.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Nice p38!The initials although earned do hurt the value a bit,just being practical,still a nice p38 and far from worthless,nice original later holster too!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts