·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,303 Posts
Vandal, thanks for the link, and that is indeed interesting...not a direction I'd have expected.

Probably not of personal interest for me, but I really like the original P365. It would appear that a version with a manual safety is in the pipeline; a Sig site for spare parts shows it.
Wonder if we'll see mix-n'-match, as Glock has done with the G43/43X/48?
Moon

·
Registered
592 Posts
I like the current version of the P365. It's sized like a PPK, but with 10 rounds of 9mm and decent sights. The P365 is a very easy and comfortable pocket carry. I haven't weighed them, but my loaded P365 seems lighter in the pocket than a loaded PPK.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Maybe this XL version will be more appealing to me. The original is just too small for me to fool with.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I"ll be first in line to get one when they are available.

·
Super Moderator
7,303 Posts
The larger iteration should share the slim grip of the P365, a bonus in my book.
Moon

·
Registered
208 Posts
Comparing the Sig 365L to my go to carry- the PPS M2...

365L barrel is 3.7 inches with an over all length if 6.6 inches
PPS M2 barrel is 3.18 inches with an over all length I’d 6.3 inches.

365L height with the flush 12 rd mag is 4.8 inches
PPS M2 height with the 7 rd mag is 4.9 inches

So for a similar height you get 5 extra rounds and less then a half inch longer firearm. The extra 1/2 inch in barrel should allow the 365L to be equal to the PPS in accuracy.

All for almost twice the price.... I still think I’m in. I could always dump my second carry choice - a FNS 9c and recoup a few bucks. Although I’ve never sold off a firearm before, this might be the first.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I tried the P365 and the trigger reach was too short for me even when I had my finger joint on the trigger. I am sticking with my tried and true original Walther PPS 9MM which I use the large back strap on. If I want more rounds on board I will then CCW my Gen 2 Glock 19. I hope Walther comes out with a version of the PPS with more magazine capacity at some point.

·
Super Moderator
7,303 Posts
I've now seen a post for a 15 round magazine for the standard P365. It may be the magazines will interchange.
That was a legitimate gripe with the G43x...the larger mags wouldn't fit the standard 43.
Moon

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Yeah, Sig is proud of their stuff. You know what would be cool? A Walther P99 stack and a half compact, as in, a P99 the size of the the PPS, but with ten rounds in a flush mag.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Love the P365 -- mine has an exceptionally smooth, crisp trigger like my Q5. The only reason that I have an interest in the XL is that it can take the Shield micro red dot. You young'uns will mostly not understand that many of us seniors (past 70) have aged eyes and red dots make a HUGE difference. MyP365 is my only pistol without a red dot. (Wishing that my Q5 had a rear BUIS to cowitness the rmr like my other pistols)

·
Super Moderator
7,303 Posts
Mike, I feel your pain. Can't see sights as well as I should, for the same reason. I have found that the green glob front sight on the 365 is visible enough to be useful, as are the 'ball in the bucket' Glock sights.
You're right about the usefulness of red dot sights; the only one I have is on a CZ carbine, and it is really easy and fast.
That said, really hate to complicate a carry gun with such thing. I've learned to settle for good accuracy at defensive distances, and irons can do that.
Moon

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I wonder if the P365XL will have the same primer drag feature as the P365?

·
Super Moderator
7,303 Posts
Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore has 15 rounders for that same $36.99, and they have manual safety P365s for $499, regular P365s for that same price, and include a 12 round mag. I have had past dealings with them, and they are GTG.

As regards 'primer drag', probably just then nature of the beast. The barrel drops to unlock fairly quickly in the slide recoil stroke; it is a very small gun with limited space. This is what produces the primer drag, which apparently causes no real harm. The broken firing pin issue was related to a run of faulty firing pins.
Moon

Reactions: extremist
1 - 20 of 42 Posts