Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a used P22QD today that was manufactured in January, 2019. I brought it home and completely disassembled the slide to perform a deep cleaning. I used the various YouTube videos for assistance. However, since this gun was recently made, the videos did not mention a tiny spring and part that sits adjacent to the firing pin and I believe touches the safety/decocker. Well, I lost the tiny spring. I have looked everywhere for an updated parts diagram so that I can order another spring from Walther. No Luck in finding this spring or part on any diagram I have seen. Can someone help me first by sending me an updated parts diagram, 2nd, where does this #$^& spring and part go. Thanks to all and sorry for this long rant and plea for help

·
Registered
9,825 Posts
Glad you found it. I was in the process of getting you some good pictures together so you could put it back together and.......ask you to put up some pictures of the new decocker. It has yet to be photographed as far as I know and I haven't taken the breech block out of mine to see how it works. I've a good idea but need to get some pictures just because... 1917

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
goodguy1217

Just a friendly tip. Anytime I disassemble something that may or may not have surprise springs, etc. I put the part and both hands into a large clear plastic bag. Then if a spring goes flying, the bag retains it and I am not crawling around on my hands and knees looking for it. This has saved me more than once. If the part is quite large, then put it on your work bench and make a tent over it with a sheet of clear plastic.

To give credit where due, If I remember correctly I first read this in one of searcher451's posts.

Pudge

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, everyone for their replies and offers for help. As mentioned earlier, I found that spring and was able to reinstall everything. I choose not to disassemble the breech block again as I did not want to tempt fate by loosing the spring again. This spring is the same as the spring used for the Firing Pin Safety (Part #44) I would suggest looking at the new parts diagram for the latest P-22QD. It shows the Decock Sheet (Part#75) and the aforementioned spring (Part #45). To reassemble everything do as you would before this part was introduced. But, before attaching the safety insert the spring and then the decocker on the right side of the firing pin. Then while holding both the decocker and firing pin down insert the safety by turning it as you are inserting. Once you have it fully inserted you will hear a click that signifies everything is where it should be. Hope this helps and I will be sure and take pictures of every step the next time I fully disassemble my P-22 QD.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts