Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've a bunch of CCI mini mags and Armscor 22LR saved up. Both are 36 gr copper top. Both stop ejecting somewhere between 40-60 rounds into my range session. Both work flawlessly in my SR22.
I've cleaned it; doesn't matter. A fresh scrubbing will get me through another couple dozen rounds before one lodges in the chamber. I can poke it out from the barrel using a long stemmed barrel flag, but once the condition starts, it continues pretty regularly. I suspect buildup in the chamber.
I've loaded single rounds and ejected them unfired. On inspection, I've noticed that often the rounds are scraped on the bottom (I mark the right 90 degree horizontal with a sharpie before chambering) so that t'he lead is showing. I think it's scraping over the step between the barrel and the feed ramp.

I'm wondering if anyone else has this same step between ramp and barrel?

thanks
walt

Attachments

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
The step up between the feed ramp and chamber is usually of no concern. You can fire the pistol then manually check the next round that was chambered for any damage to the nose of the round. You likely won't find any. All P22s have the same feed ramp and chamfered lower chamber entrance.

But, this is the third or fourth thread regarding CCI cases getting stuck in the chamber and having to either be driven out with a wood dowel or pried out. That indicates something wrong with the chamber. It could be a dirty chamber but we have been through that on a couple of pistol....in detail. If a round easily drops into the chamber but won't come out easily after firing....then the case is expanding and being caught by something. I would not fire the Armscore ammo in a P22. In the past that ammo has been very inconsistent with P22 destroying rim blowouts. Armscore did the right thing and paid for a new pistol but I'd avoid it and always wear eye protection anytime you are at the range with a pistol or other firearm.

If those cases are getting stuck and lower powered rounds like Federal aren't....time to call Ft Smith. A previous owner had his chamber rehoned and had no further issues. 1917

1 - 4 of 4 Posts