Walther Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a P22Q a few days ago and was experiencing mis-feed problems as well as some FTE problems. The ammo used was CCI Mini Mags. For starters if a magazine was loaded with 10 rounds it wouldn't feed properly at all. One of the range officers said he was familiar with the problem and that I should start out using only five rounds in a magazine. That worked fine for about ten 5-round fills. Finally after putting about 400 rounds through it I can now load the magazine with ten rounds and it seems to work on about three of four full magazines. Then after the first shot on next magazine the second cartridge was not fed properly. I guess I can live with this but the idea that I have to use the expensive high-velocity ammo doesn't sit right with me. I mean, I can fire anything, bulk Federal included, with my SR22--which I just purchased yesterday. Not a burp with full magazines with Federal or the CCI Mini Mags. So I am going to naively ask--is there possibly a hardware solution to the behavior of the P22Q cycle? Maybe a more robust recoil spring? Just asking...because trying to find CCI Mini Mags in this environment is an exercise in futility. Most of the gun shops within a 25 mile radius (Bowling Green, Ohio) are lucky to get any sort of 22 ammo...:mad:

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
Is it brand new, or does it have some use on it?

I've got close to 700-800 rounds through mine and it's starting to work a good bit better.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I've got close to 700-800 rounds through mine and it's starting to work a good bit better.
I have about 400 rounds through it: about 350 CCI Mini Mags and 50 or so Federal bulk.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Used to have the same problem. Then I started to dry lube the rails just before heading out. Also, lightly lube the barrel and a drop into the little hole above the ejector. Fired 500 cci Blazers and 200 bulk Federals. One ftf

·
Registered
656 Posts
Did you give it a good cleaning before you took it to the range? Always good to give a new in box gun a bath. Some will disagree but my take is these things are not precision made and require some breaking-in and I saw a Utube video once about removing the recoil spring and racking the slide several hundred times to hasten the break-in. As far as lube is concerned a little is all you need.
regarding ammo CCI Mini Mags, Remington Golden Bullets seem to do well. Once you get it to shoot these experiment with other brands, but they will still need to be at the higher end in velocity. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you will note the date of my original post it is September 27, 2013--I haven't owned this pistol for many years but still have (and shoot frequently) my Ruger SR22 which has been reliable, if not perfect, from the git-go.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I will admit between my DW and I we have four Rugers. Two LCRs and two LCPII’s. They have been very worry free.

·
Registered
9,743 Posts
For some reason with this new format a lot of really old threads are being brought to the forefront. I don't see a really good reason for this. 1917

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
...yep, it's like flogging a dead horse many times over...

·
Premium Member
13,738 Posts
For some reason with this new format a lot of really old threads are being brought to the forefront. I don't see a really good reason for this. 1917
I'm thinkin' it might be because the search engine on the old site was pretty much useless. However, the search on the new site is excellent. So, Zipperhead Fred drops by and does a quick search. He's presented with a long list of results, he clicks and starts reading, then types up a reply....never noticing that the thread has been inactive for 6 years. 😂

·
Registered
10 Posts

You should not have to put hundreds of rounds through a gun to get it functioning properly. A well manufactured gun should work perfect out of the box. My Clocks have never failed to work flawlessly,

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
The go shoot a "clock" as you have oh so eloquently put it, and wile you're at it, maybe take a breath or two and see that the P22 has always had some degree of issues with feeding and ejecting, some of which is due to the rimfire cartridge and the extractor.

Remind me again...how many glock 44 guns have you shot?

I've fired three. 2 of those had issues with lower velocity ammo. Which is a major concern with the P22, as well....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts