Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a new p22q and have been using the thunderbolt 40gr shells with no issues, but now out of stock. But they do have the thunderbolts in 36gr. What’s your thoughts, will the 36gr cycle ok in the p22q ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
So I have a new p22q and have been using the thunderbolt 40gr shells with no issues, but now out of stock. But they do have the thunderbolts in 36gr. What’s your thoughts, will the 36gr cycle ok in the p22q ?
CCI 0030 MiniMags are the test cartridges Walther uses for its P22Q. Here are their published specs:

https://www.cci-ammunition.com/products/detail.aspx?use=1&loadNo=0030

Anything cartridge with specs less than the test cartridge is hit or miss. It might work; it might not.

I have cycled thousands of rounds through my P22Q with zero failures of any kind.

🍀

·
Registered
9,357 Posts
Buy a box of fifty and give em a test. On another topic...I have never had good luck with Thunderbolts. Leading of the barrel issues. But then...perhaps I shoot too fast. 1917

·
Registered
150 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the sight Target99; I have bought my 380 and 9mm from them with great service. But my gun dealer just down the road from me has great prices on ammo. He’s only 5min away so I tend to just stop bye his house and he usually has what I need for same price or cheaper. He’s just having a hard time getting the 40gr thunderbolts 500 round boxes. He has the 36gr 1400 round bucket thunderbolts in stock. That’s why I was asking about the 36gr, the good news is he’s giving me some 36gr to try. So I will be trying them out today if all goes well, will keep you posted on their performance. Thank aging, Greyhounds

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did stop bye the store yesterday and picked up a box of Winchester superX HP 40gr and tried them out. It was bad, spent more time removing the spent case from failure to eject and not feeding than it was worth. So won’t be purchasing those anymore. I did try the drop in and out of the barrel chamber with the Winchester like 1911 suggested before. And they stuck in chamber, had to tap on gun to get them to slide out. So I new I might have an issue before I even tried them. Loaded up some 40gr thunderbolts and it was like a new gun no issues at all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts