Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just picked up a gently used P22 to teach my two boys basic hand gun sag the and marksmanship, great plinker can’t say enough of how much fun it’s been.
It came with only one mag so I want to order a few mags online and just want to know if PPQ 22 mags will work with it??
Also I read some where that I can purchase a upgraded recoil spring that’s all in one instead of using the plastic guide rod to reassemble the slide ? Anyone point me in that direction ?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Ezam,

Welcome to the forum!

You might like to check the dedicated to the p22 forum here:
https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/p22/ There are some sharp folks residing here, and I am sure you can find answers to your questions in that forum.

It seems that there are two aftermarket captive recoil springs.
Galloway, and tandemkross. Me, I have owned my p22 since 2007, and haven't had much of a problem reinstalling the "non captive" recoil spring in either long or short barrel configurations.

Plus, though they look sorta similar, the PPQ22 magazines will not work with the p22.

Again, welcome aboard.

·
Banned
34 Posts
Have a PPQ .22 and a PPQ in .45 ACP.
The .22 is NOT striker fired but has an internal hammer as noted by another poster. The slide is aluminum, frame poly with steel inserts. The .45 has a poly frame and steel slide and is striker fired. I had issue with the .22 shooting 2 1/2" to 3" high at 12 to 15 yards. Walther CS had me send it back and they actually sent me a brand new gun (different ser. #). New one is much better but I still have the rear sight adjusted to its lowest position and it hits where I aim but I would prefer to have some adjustment left over. Fairly frequently the first round from a full mag will fire but not eject...? All remaining rounds function as expected. Makes no sense to me but I will shoot it more before I email CS on that one. Both are very accurate and well made. The .45 has functioned flawlessly probably 300-ish rounds out of it so far. I am pretty much a SIG guy but am becoming a Walther fan real quick based on these two guns and great CS response. I'll try to post some photos of both field stripped, side by side this evening when I get home from work.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I installed the Galloway on the P22 I had and it worked well, made assembly much easier.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts