Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You can purchase a new P-22 if you shop around for under $250. You can find a nice steel PP in some flavor for $600 and up. Which is better made and will last forever...the steel PP. Which one is hard to find magazines for and if you find any you pay a premium for...the steel PP.

Which one has mags that are five times easier to load? The P22.
Which one will eat the other ones lunch when it comes to accuracy? The P22.
Which one lends itself to a pre and over travel trigger stop, total trigger movement of 3/16" or less. The P22.
Which one has a lifetime warranty with parts available. The P22.
Which one can I easily lower the trigger pull to 2 lbs on. The P22.

OK, don't believe it....let's see some 10 round groups at 21' from either pistol. I'd advise resting them if you want to be really accurate with your group. I have two beautiful steel PP .22s, PPK/S and PP and neither will compete with my P22's. YMMV but I doubt it. :eek: :) 1917

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Apples and oranges - both are tasty, but we all have a preference.

Which will be worth the same or more 5 years from now? 10?
Which exudes Walther’s historic tradition of excellence in fit and finish?
Which needs a “bible” to tell you how to work on the pistol to get it to run reliably?
Which would you most enjoy passing on to the next generation?
Which is an apple and which is an orange?

YMMV, but I doubt it ;)

Reactions: 1917-1911M

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

This 2005 framed pistol really shoots well. Pre and over travel stops. 2 lb trigger. You mean there is another side of the coin GeoNole???...guess that is why I have several .22 steel models in the safe and no, they won't ever be for sale. You forgot, which one feels much better in the hand....steel PP's. Thanks for participating....hard to get anyone riled up around this forum anymore. 1917

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Not riled up at all, my P22 was reliable out of the box and it is a great platform for plinking and teaching the grandkids. I am just old-school biased, and I even prefer the PP to the PPK or PPK/S in .22 :)

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not riled up at all,
I know it. Can't get anyone riled up....think I'll go over to the CCP section and see what I can stir up. Some days it seems no one posts anything on this forum and i wonder where everyone went. Guess it isn't shooting weather in some parts of the country. Had to install wipers on the sights of my pistols here. Rains everyday. 1917

·
Banned
34 Posts
The P22 was introduced in about 2001. It is a DA/SA hammer fired .22 pistol. It is an original concept and Walther's best seller. The frame, slide and internals are the same for both the 3.4" barrel and 5" barrel versions. All barrels are threaded.

The PPQ is a duty grade pistol in a variety of calibers, 9mm, .40 and recently .45 acp...a first for Walther. The PPQ 22 is a striker fired .22 pistol and follows the size and design of the other PPQ pistols. I haven't fired one nor have I field stripped one. I haven't even priced one. Not sure I've seen one in a gun shop.

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My old P22 pictured above will put five rounds in a 5/8" group at 25M. Anyone have a PP that will do that? I expect the 5" PPQ .22 will. 1917

1 - 8 of 8 Posts