Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

is any P22 owner expericing this slide wear  ? Is it normal ? I have about 1,000 rounds in this P22.

thx,
psywar

·
Registered
187 Posts
You may have seen my pics over on rimfirecentral, but here they are. There are a couple more spots on each side of the inside of the slide where the slide cycles back to a stop, but I have no pics of it right now.
Note, Walther has not replied to my post on their forum.
Some may say this is normal wear and tear, who knows?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Howdy...  

I'm considering one of these pistols, and was just wondering if the wear situation has ever been resolved or if it has been determined just what the cause of it is, from what I can see, it looks like it's not supposed to do that but then again I could be wrong...  

Also, do any of you know if this happens with all of them or if it's just an isolated incident(s)...

Thanks

Tim

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a New p22 that i use with a suppressor.....I have 5K plus rounds through it....it dont look like yours though. I shoot Remington through it

·
Registered
187 Posts
I never got a response from Walther re: wear.
I'm still shooting this P22, and have had zero issues since Jan.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,
I've got a P22 also and it has about 500 rounds thru it. I just took it apart and i have the EXACT same wear marks as those shown in the above posts.
Feathers

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi in reguards to wear on your slide, this is not normal and appears to be actual physical damage and if your gun shop wont give you an exchange(tell everyone!!) then send it back to walther for complete repair. ive never had a reply to a post from a manufacterer. good luck...........ron

·
Registered
2 Posts
I looked at one of my P22's and I have the same wear.  The pics above look worse than it probably is.  There is a small dent (hole) on that part of the slide which, from the pictures if you didn't know it was suppose to be there, looks a lot like damage.  I carefully examined mine with a bright light and magnifying glass and it seems to be just normal wear.  I have about 500 rounds through the one I examined.

F.A.S. Out

1 - 10 of 10 Posts