Walther Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently aquired a P22 target model and so far I have been happy with it. To all who have had functioning problems I would suggest using the higher powered 22 cartridges I did and had no problems whatsoever just my two cents worth. Hammer out

·
Registered
15 Posts
This is a pistol which may misbehave (ftf) when it is not clean. So don't let the gunk build up.

Much has been made of the fact that Walther is exchanging magazines. Users who've had the pistol for a while and who are careful about cleanliness report fewer or no issues with the magazines, though many report the pistol may need a "break in" period of several hundred rounds before flawless performance is possible.

More even than the gun, the mags (new or older) need to be both clean AND properly lubricated with a good quality gun grease to function well. And many users report that once the magazine is charged (loaded), holding it upside down and releasing the spring pressure somewhat for a moment will allow the ammo to settle and situate properly in the magazine.

a P22 page exists at http://thearmedcitizen/handguns/santa.htm

1 - 2 of 2 Posts