Walther Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, has anyone mounted a tactical light to the rail of your p22 or a laser? I have looked into it a little...the cheapest, best one may be the new Springfield/insight XML (extreme mini light). It is small, I just don't know if it will fit without modification. I emailed Springfield and they said it would fit if an Insight M3 tact. light would. However, I have been told the M3 tact. light will not fit a P22. Earl's has a combo light/laser but it is $350!!! Any help??

Thanks!
Nick

·
Registered
964 Posts
I regret not having a picture-posting capability, but this is what what I do:

A: Laser. I use a Weaver cross-slot detachable top mount ring 3/4-inch dia. to mount a Beamshot 1001 Super laser with a 3/4-inch tube dia. on the P22.

B: Flashlight. I use a Weaver cross-slot detachable top mount ring (1-inch dia.), to mount a Surefire G2 Nitrolon (65/120 Lumens) Lithium Powered Flashlight to the P22.

A+B: You may combine both laser-and-flashlight. This is how:

I use a Weaver detachable top Tipoff ring (1-inch dia.) ring and I clamp a Weaver top base #45 on the ring. This base allows the attachment of the Laser to the Surefire.

In other words, the Sure fire carries two Weaver rings: One cross slot (which fits on the P22 frame) and another Weaver Tipoff which has a Weaver base clamped and secured on the bit that usually goes on 3/8-inch tipoff rails. The #45 Weaver base allows the Laser with the cross slot Weaver ring (3/4") to attach , as well.

So, you have the following options:

1. Beamshot alone;
2. Surefire alone;
or
3. Both attached to the P22.

This conversion works well because it makes the P22 front-heavy.

I use an on-off switch on the Beamshot, but the momentary switch works fine, too.

I place the Weaver rings on the Surefire ahead of its switch in order to allow the turn-switch to work, as well as change batteries.

I found the TWO WEAVER RINGS, BASE #45, SUREFIRE G2 and BEAMSHOT at eBay.

Crete

1 - 2 of 2 Posts