Walther Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my 5" barrel off my P22 last night, and found that this little set screw located right behind the front sight had dug a elongated hole right through the barrel sleeve, So, I cleaned it up as best I could, and applied a mix of JB Weld to it, in the hopes of reducing the hole size and giving the screw a little more meat to dig into. I'm not sure JB is the right product for this, but I'm at a loss as to what else to do. I guess if I don't tighten down on this screw, then maybe itt won't perforate the barrel sleeve.

·
Registered
10,423 Posts
That little barrel screw is tasked with alignment of the stabilizer and proper placement. It will not hold the stabilizer in position when firing. That is the job of the two screws on the side. They clamp the stabilizer down against the barrel sleeve....but, like we have discussed....I can't make mine stay put for a thousand rounds regardless of how tight I tighten it. A gouge in the barrel sleeve is of no significance. All it is is a tube over the barrel that allows the barrel nut to pull the barrel tight against the frame. Your gouge is forward of the slide but you do now want any sharp areas on the barrel sleeve where the slide moves back and forth. Load and shoot. Oh, I quit bothering with the little screw about 10 or 12 years ago. 1917

1 - 2 of 2 Posts