Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to purchase a brand new 3.4" p22. My question is... If I get the 3.4 and decide I should have got the 5" can I add on the 1.6" piece? Or could I buy the 5" and remove the 1.6" piece and have a 3.4"?

Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
There is no 1.6" piece,but there are 2 barrels. One 3.4 and one 5". you can buy either barrel that does not come with the gun you end up buying, or you could try to find a limited p22 edition which comes with both. Another option would be to buy the 5" and then buy the 3.4" barrel. :confused: Decisions-decisions:eek:

·
Registered
346 Posts
Yes, except in California, as I understand it. I don't know if there are any other states that don't allow interchangeable barrels.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Yes, except in California, as I understand it. I don't know if there are any other states that don't allow interchangeable barrels.
The Rabbit is right.
Here in the PRK they made the P22 illegal as an assault weapon because it had a threaded barrel for the suppressor. The result was the P22-CA with a bushing over the thread and a fixed barrel so we can't switch it out. This is true for both the 3.4" and the 5" target model.
Otherwise Walther America offers conversion kits for both. The target conversion package contains the 5" barrel and the stabilizer for the longer barrel.

http://www.waltheramerica.com/webap...ategory_rn=43339&top_category=43339&training=

Have fun.

Russell

·
Registered
340 Posts
You won't. People say that the longer barrel doesn't make the gun any better and the 3.4" barrel looks better anyway. :cool:

·
Registered
13 Posts
You won't. People say that the longer barrel doesn't make the gun any better and the 3.4" barrel looks better anyway. :cool:
I disagree :D :D , I have the limit edition with both barrels and if I carry it it's with the short barrel(so easy to conceal), I use both barrels at the range to practice. I think it looks so much better with the barrel weight/comp on it, just my taste.

Cazio

·
Registered
22 Posts
I don't think its the interchangeable barrels as much as it is a threaded barrel which could potentially be used to install a silencer. If Interchangeable barrels were the issue, Dan Wesson revolvers would be banned in Commie-fornia.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts