Walther Forums banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
9,695 Posts
I commented on your latest thread there. I'm really irritated. I had hosted some well lit, close up shots of the safety drum detents and plunger on a PP pistol and they are no longer at Imgur. I didn't delete them. I still have them somewhere but why are they gone. Make sure your photos are well lit, in focus and illustrate what needs to be shown. 1917

One of the better P22 trigger bars that came in one of the pistols. Not all are this nicely stamped.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I disassembled the P22 and proceeded to examine the the trigger bar and its contact with the slide. Yes, the slide had some small indentations on the ramps so I proceeded to do the sand paper treatment to the bar (1200 grit) followed by dremel with a felt pad and red rouge polishing compound.
Next did the buffing of the contact points of the bar against the hammer strut and the diagonal bars.
Cleaned everything (side plates and parts) of all the grease from the factory and applied Elmer's Slide-All to all surfaces and Lithium grease to the pins and I didn't forget to put a little Loctite on the screws.
The DA now is a clean 10.25 lbs and the SA 3.75 lbs.
I'm very happy with it now.
Thank you 1917 for your guidance and the work you have put in developing improvements for the Walther products and I hope that the Walther people continues listening to you and continue applying your findings to improve their products.

·
Registered
9,695 Posts

The two frame halves showing the slanting steel pins that cause the trigger bar to drop downward and disconnect from the hammer strut. Walther listen....you must be joking. 1917

·
Registered
9,695 Posts
I'd invite you to go into the Walther Rimfire forum and tell me and the other poster with Walther/Colt 1911 .22s's with non-functional/defective safety levers how to fix them, Thanks!
I put a couple of posts of info and photos at your post in the other thread. Hope that helps explain what I would suggest you look at. If I'm off target you will need to put some photos up of specifically what the parts look like and specifically what the issue is. I've used some photos I have from PP safety drums to illustrate what has to happen here. Too sharp and edge to the detent, plunger sitting too deep and you can't rotate the safety. If there is too much wear at the edge of the detent or the plunger is too shallow....the safety can rotate too easily. I expect your cure, after careful inspection to make sure there is no damage and the spring loaded plunger can be smoothly pressed into the tube will be to begin to take a careful look at the edge of the detent....similar to where the wear is below. You might need to radius that edge very lightly and test. Still too stiff, lightly radius some more and test. The rim of the detent needs to press on the slanted portion of the plunger when you try to press the thumb safety down. I'm not sure how Walther designed this since there are no photos but it will likely be something that is easy to fix but you need to proceed slowly and carefully. Some good photos would help....parts off of the pistol so we can see fitment.

I should add, better too stiff than too loose. If this is the issue this should be an easy fix. Just don't get carried away....a tiny bit of breaking the detent rim edge/polishing should get you there. 1917

41 - 44 of 44 Posts