Walther Forums banner

P22 need some help

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  P22 Plinker 
#1 ·
I am new here, but not to walther.
here is my story

I bought my walther/S&W P22 with both barrels, now i am looking for some extras to put on.

like a suppressor and some others

will the SD22 work with the new P22 or will i have to buy some new threads. and why does it say "Don't USE high speed ammo"

and is it worth the
$$140 seems kinda low for what it is....Please help out...

See less See more
#3 ·
[b said:
Quote[/b] (toymaker @ June 25 2004,8:07)]I believe the suppressor is illegal in most states.
Wrong, suppressors are legal for civilians to own in 36 states provided that said user has a squeaky clean background.

The reason to not use high speed ammo is to reduce wear and tear on the suprressor. Suppressors have baffles in them to cut down/ dissapate the gases being exited by the bullet. Therefore, using subsonic ammo is the way to go, slow enough (~800fps) for the gases to be trapped rather than being shot out.

#6 ·
You can get the "looks" of a suppressor without having to go through the hoops of getting the proper BATF forms by getting a fake suppressor from here.

You'll need to get the proper adapter as well, and don't forget the thread protector. All told it'll run you about $85 with shipping (a lot cheaper than the $500+ you'll pay for a real suppressor and proper license).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.