Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw thread on another forum about some mods that can be of benefit to the P22. I like mine just fine, but would be interested in having it improved, if possible, and cost effective. Anyone know of someone reputable that does this kind of thing?

I've not had enough time with mine yet to determine if I am having any issues other than the ejection issue, but I pulled the problems I read about that are of particular interest from the other forum:

1. Sharp trigger bar ears that damage the slide and ears that don't fully engage the slide ramp which can cause accelerated wear even with polished ears.

2. A hammer tip that catches on the safety bar causing the slide to fail to complete it's cycle and in the process fail to chamber a round. The stock hammer tip will also peen the metal on the bottom of the breech block and is usually not square but rather drags on one side or the other.

3. Poor spent casing ejection direction resulting in hot brass flying everywhere including between the eyes. One member recently reported his wife actually hitting a spent case that was ejected forward with the next round. This is not only aggravating but is not safe.

4. A safety that can rotate from safe to fire or just the opposite on it's own from the hammer tip dragging on/across the safety bar or from vibration caused by a hammer strike or firing.

Thanks,

Bill Graham

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Some P22 had issues that needed attention. If you are here in the states, I would simply call WaltherAmerica. List your complaints and ship it in. I had some of the very issues you describe and I sent mine in and now I am once again a happy camper...liked the bugger so well that I have two. :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I'll give that a shot. It's a fun little handgun. I like the two tone model, but mine was more affordable being "barely" used.

I've tried out the P99 as well. If I move the direction of having something larger around as well, I'll probably head that route.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I bought a P22 because I liked its "tacticool" looks. After shooting it I wanted another to have on hand whenever I introduce newbies to shooting...well after that I got a P99 old frame model. Then I got a newer frame model, then a compact and then I got me a.......:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe that you can buy just the plate from waltheramerica.com

Could be wrong but I know I've seen them somewhere online to buy.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I bought a P22 because I liked its "tacticool" looks. After shooting it I wanted another to have on hand whenever I introduce newbies to shooting...well after that I got a P99 old frame model. Then I got a newer frame model, then a compact and then I got me a.......:rolleyes:
The reason I bought mine. I was in the gun shop, I saw it in the case; it was the short barrel -- I noticed it was .22 and I asked to look at it.

When that gun went into my hand it felt real good. Then I noticed how easy it was to pull the slide back. And it had a very nice balance to it. I had to have it.

I wish the trigger had less creep.

TommyR

·
Registered
12 Posts
If a P-22 owner needs repair or spare parts where do you go?

Earl's Repair Service Inc. or Walther Corp.?

TommyR

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought 15 of the finger rest extensions for p99c magazines from walther and the total cost shipped was under $38. I can't imagine the P22s would be anymore expensive.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts