Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone done this? A person on another board is selling a P22 with the disconnect removed, trouble is, he forgot how he did it.

I hate having the disconnect. For a kid, I can fully understand. But I know darn well that removing the mag does not make the pistol safe

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just wanted to follow up here. Did the mod. Very simple, just hammer out the two pins in the grip frame after field stripping the gun and leaving it cocked. Now pull the thing out, leaving your finger on the slide hold open catch. Note the position of the tiny spring in there, it goes with the flat part up at the top of the oval cutout and the bent part going through the hole in the catch. Might want to do this in a bag. Then take out the two screws, take the sideplates apart carefully, trying to keep the hammer, trigger and sear stuck in the right side plate. Then take the trigger off it's pin and take that damn plastic magazine safety off it, then put the trigger back on. It was much easier to put the trigger on the right plate that has all the stuff on it an then put the left plate back on. Now, reassemble! Should work great.

For the record, I also removed the trigger lock inside the gun. Be aware that it's spring can come out too, and it is very small. Now the thing works like a regular gun, and will not lock up solid if someone ever turns the lock on and cocks it!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Spring removal sufficient?

Bumping this one up again.
I think I read somewhere that removing the disconnect spring is enough to deactivate the mag disconnect safety and that that would prevent rattling of magazines since part #23 is still installed. Is that correct or did I miss understood there something.
Thanks!

DR

·
Registered
13 Posts
Spring removal seems enough!

Hi,
I went ahead last night and opened up my P22 first time. I removed only the mag disconnect spring, polished the ears and cleaned the P22 from oil and gunk insite and applied dry lube.
Afterwards I dryfired it and it seems to work nicely, the magazines release was hard to manipulate before, this improved significantly as well (likely due to less pressure) .
For a dummy like me, putting back the hammer sear combination back (which came loose) was a bit tricky, reading the instructions more thorough upfront would have helped.

DR

1 - 7 of 7 Posts