Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My P22 using non-hyper velocity 22LR gets leading in the barrel was wondering if this is normal or if I should replace the barrel.

Also, accuracy is very poor comparied to my ruger 22, is it normal or should I replace the barrel.

·
Registered
821 Posts
try not to shoot hyper velocity in your P22, its not good for it!!!  That little slide is made out of zinc, pretty soft metal.

MiniMags are okay, though...

Mine eats up minimags, and I can shoot 250 without really noticing much leading in the barell.  The rifling in the p22 is very shallow anyways.  

If you are noticing a drop in accuracy (which really isn't that great with the factory sights anyways) then you might want to replace the barell.

-stunks

EDIT: don't forget, the P22 isn't a target gun, its for "fun" cheap shooting...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure, it is not a target gun, but either is my ruger, colt 1991, Walther P99 QA 40 & 9, SIG P226, Beretta 92F, etc. yet they all can hit a 12x12 target at 50 yards every time EXCEPT my P22 which makes me think there is something seriously wrong with it. (mine not all P22, unless 3 feet groups are the norm for the P22)

·
Registered
11 Posts
that doesn't sound normal. Copper plated ammo should put little or no lead in the bore. And I was told by the factory to try stingers when my P22 started malfunctioning. I use them, velocitiors and minimags exclusively.

Try using some minimags, that may help the accuracy issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts