Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just ordred the laser sight from Walther America for my P22. Has anyone used it? How does it perform? It is sold out from every online store that lists it so it must be popular. I looks like a really cool accessory.

I have the 3.4" barrel. Does anyone have the 5" barrel kit, or has anyone shot both the 3.4" and the 5" P22s? Which do you prefer? I love how the P22 feels and my fiance also loves that gun. She loves to go shooting now. The P22 was worth every penny and then some for that reason alone.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I agree completely that it is a fun gun to shoot... the fact that the ammo is so cheap just means I can go to the range more often which is all the better. I haven't shot the 5" P22 but I do own a 3.4" model and I love it. I've shot some other 5" .22 LR pistols in the past and for my use I like the shorter barrel more. The ranges I go to are indoors so anything past 25 yards really doesn't concern me... with that said I feel comfortable enough with the 3.4" P22 that I'd be able to remain accurate for longer shots anyway. Plus, as I've stated time and time again in my other P22 posts the 3.4" is so easy to clean which is important to me because it is a weapon I am going to put tons of very cheap rounds through.

I don't have the laser as of yet although I am interested in both the laser and the suppressor for no other reason than to have the P22 as my complete "toy" gun... that gun I can play around with without breaking the bank. Please post back with your impressions of the laser once you get it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I love the .22 because as you said it is so cheap to shoot. I am getting the laser sight for my P22 because this is my "toy" gun also. I will post once I get the laser sight from Walther.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Laser Report

Walther was backordered on the P22 laser, so I found one in a local gun store. Paid more than Walther charged, but I wanted it bad enough so I paid the $140 versus the $101 Walther charged. The laser is really sweet! It fits perfectly on the rail and the laser dot is very easy to see. The red dot is crystal clear at 25 yards and even farther. I had no problems seeing it at 25 yards. The laser is easy to adjust for both elevation and windage. Popped over 500 rounds today with the laser and once I got it adjusted I was shooting a ragged hole. Great groupings using the laser. I shot many types of ammo to see if it made any difference and it did not. Shot the more expensive CCI stuff like Stingers, Quik-Shoks, and Velocitors with equal results from the cheap Remmington Value Pack, mixed in with some Federal Game-Shoks. I very fun day at the range. I am really pleased with the laser. It fits great, looks great, and works great!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I actually found the laser to be a pretty accurate tool, but it is barrel bling as you said. That is why I have it for my fun P22 and not my CCW .45 or 40 S & W.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts