Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchase the P-22 kit with both barrels,I only received one recoil spring,is this suppose to come with 1 recoil spring for each barrel?Also I'm having major FTF and double stacking with the gun,this is with 2 updated mags.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
You should have received a recoil spring in the second barrel kit. The 5" barrel requires a longer recoil spring. Go back to your seller, or if that is not possible, call Walther/S&W and request a new one.

Regards,
James

·
Registered
913 Posts
The P22 uses a single size spring.

I use both bbl lengths with the same spring, the one that the 5" version came supplied with.

The P22 slide travels the same distance in either configuration, anyway.

Crete

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Hmm, well, I have a 3.5" P22 and 2 5" barrel kits. I compared the spring that came with the original 3.5" P22 and it is clearly 1/8" shorter than the springs that came with the 5" barrel kits. And YES, each of the Walther factory boxed 5" barrel kits included a spring.

Now, I looked at the spare parts listing on Walther's page and yes it does only show one spring.

Don't know what to tell you. Maybe they are now NOT shipping springs with the barrel kits, and the springs are common.

Regards,
James

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Why would the spring length change? The slide hasn't grown, just the barrel is now sticking out a little bit further. Thus the recoil spring guide has not grown either. You can shoot the 5 inch barrel with out the counter weight put on the end. (You know the thing that looks like a compensator). The power hasn't changed. It's still a .22 lr. So I don't see why the spring will be any different.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts