Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I´ve been looking for a handy .22 and the Walther P22 is the most appealing option so far. But I´ve been reading that it has some problems with feeding. I read that the ones with "L" in the serial number and an "A" in the magazine are the improved models with feeding problems solved. Can you comment on that? That will very much help me to definitely decide for the P22.

Thank you!

Cristian Quijano

R

·
0 Posts
Cristian, i looked at mine and my serial number sarts with an "L". there is no letters on the serial numbers of my mag though. all i can say is mine has been great and i love it. my girlfriend has it now. oh well.

·
Registered
942 Posts
There are two Walther P22 production lines. One in Germany and one in the States (S&W).

My P22 5" is German. Has the letter H in the serial #. The mags were originally without the -A, but a week before delivery they were replaced with the A-suffix ones.

No issues to report whatsoever.

Crete

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THANKS FOR THE INFO CRETE.

HERE´S WHAT C. WALTHER REPLIED TO MY EMAIL: "On delivery of the P22 there have unfortunately been used in some cases magazines with those can happen malfunctions when using certain sorts of ammunition.
In the meantime we have modified the magazines and we will replace the magazines free of charge. The modified magazines are marked with the letter "A" next to the engraved part number."

AND

"Dear Sir,
As long as you use CCI Mini-Mag ammo, we have not had any feeding problems regardless of any letters.
Sincerely, Earl"

I HOPE THIS INFO HELPS SOME OF YOU...

CQ

1 - 5 of 5 Posts