Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Today I bought the latest P22, new. I search the forum but did not see any comments about magazine interchangeability. Do the new guns take the same old magazine?
Thanks, fuzzy

·
Registered
316 Posts
Yes, you can interchange mags from all generations.

A note though the old blued mags will wear out and cause issues. The silver ones do not seem to exhibit this issue.

·
Registered
9,906 Posts
In the entire series of magazines there were only two models that did not function properly. The originals which did not have a rim stagger slot and some produced around 2006 that had 3/8" long stagger slots. All of the 1" long slot models work fine. All, even the ones that didn't feed properly lock into any P22 including the new QD model. 1917

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks spacegunner. Fortunately, all my mags are stainless, no blued ones.
1917, My other p22 I bought in 2005 so I have some mags that came with the original gun, and a bunch I bought little be little over the years. I will have to compare them.
Nonetheless, at this point, I will test them all when the new gun gets out of jail.
much appreciation, fuzzy

·
Registered
9,906 Posts

Here is an assortment. The blued one on the right is an early one but has the long stagger slot. The one in the middle is one of the problem children. Not show is the problematic original with no stagger slot. All of the long slot models have worked 100% for me. 1917

1 - 5 of 5 Posts