Walther Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all happy Thanksgiving, purchased a Walther P22 CA compliant version.

Having some serious light strike problems
Some failure to eject, CCI mini mags help but still chokes, this was my first fire arm I purchased it last month I did change out the ejector and the guide rod and spring hoping that would help it did somewhat but still chokes, trigger is weird when gun is loaded I pull trigger and it’s very light no bang then trigger depresses and comes out then the firearm will fire, I really love it and it’s perfect for my son to shoot at the range however it feels unsafe, although I must say I did learn alot about clearing jams and safe handling during this time, I really don’t want to get rid of it at this point but I think I might have to safety reasons are there any other upgrades that I can do to help with this before I get rid of it?

·
Registered
767 Posts
Give Walther support a call, they provide excellent service. If they determine from what you tell them they need to see the gun, they will free shipping both ways and fix whatever they think is the cause.

If you still have the original parts you replaced, put them back in. Like most companies they will return the gun to original spec.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Give Walther support a call, they provide excellent service. If they determine from what you tell them they need to see the gun, they will free shipping both ways and fix whatever they think is the cause.

If you still have the original parts you replaced, put them back in. Like most companies they will return the gun to original spec.
Thanks for that I was wondering if I should replace the original parts, I’m worried about the tap marks on the pin that I had to replace

·
Registered
79 Posts
I don't know what kind of stupid "magic" CA insisted on to make the gun "compliant", but when I bought a P22 for my wife, I had to cut 1/4" off the recoil spring, it's been flawless since. (Many years)
I bought another factory spring to be sure to have one on hand if my "fix" didn't work, but it's still in the original packaging. She uses CCI Stingers exclusively, but I tested it with other types of ammo, all good. Wait, almost exclusively, she uses Federal American Eagle subsonic when she has the suppressor on. Which is most of the "range" time. Stingers are her bedside load.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts