Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings
I would like someone to explain the difference of threads of the P22 Barrels.
The ones you find on the Internet that come from Germany are 1/2 x 20.
The ones you find at the different Companies that sell them in the USA (Walther S&W and Cals Sporting Armory)  are 1/2 x 28
???
Regards
Alan   {:)

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
The confusion arises in that people think that it is a threaded barrel in that you can attach a suppressor to it directly. You cannot. It is threaded, only to keep the barrel nut in place which keeps the barrel sleeve in place.

What manufacturers have done is create a barrel nut/thread ADAPTER that will keep the barrel sleeve in place for proper functioning, while extending the barrel with a 1/2x28 threaded extention for the proper attachment of a suppressor.

Here's a picture of a barrel nut/thread adapter from TROS:

The actual thread pattern on the barrel for the barrel nut is M8x.75.

Regards,
James

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply extremist
I understand about the barrel nut/thread adapter. My concern is barrels that have been imported, ea. to Earl's Repair Service or S&W show the barrels & Adapters having 1/2 x28 thread size, where the barrels & adapters that are advertised on the Internet at German companies show 1/2 x 20 thread size. Also Cal's Sporting Armory advertises both types.
Regards
Alan

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I'm confused as to what you are refering to. Earls doesn't show a threaded barrel other than the standard 5" conversion barrel. It has the standard M8x.75 threading for the barrel nut. Earl also sells a 1/2x28 threaded adapter just like the one I showed above from TROS.

Same for Cals. He sells the 3.5 and 5" barrels (standard with M8x.75 threading for the barrel nut) and he sells adapers (1/2x28 and 3/8x24).

Please post a link to what you are referring to.

There are no barrels that I'm aware of other than the standard barrels which are threaded M8x.75. Everything else is just a threaded barrel converter that replaces the barrel nut.

James

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

James
Ok, After looking at the wording of these adds, I came to the understanding what they mean,
ea., http://www.e-gun.net/cgi-bin/ua/item.pl?item=3152
All the barrels have the M8x.75 thread at the end. It's the adapters that have the different threads, 1/2x20 & 1/2x28 . I noticed that some German suppressors use the 1/2x20 and the USA companies use the
1/2x28 threads unless specified differently.
Sorry to waste your time. Sometimes it takes a hammer to sink it into my hard head.
Regards
Alan

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just received my 5" barrel today; took a little figuring how to install it but then it went smoothly; will be shooting it this evening and see how it improves the P22!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Tried the new 5" barrel; liked it, but the gun seems to shoot several inches high now; replaced the front site with the tallest one included and still shoots a little high; ne1 know where I can find additional size front sites? thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts