Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if the barrel nut gets any looser or tighter from using the gun ... or is it not effected?

Also, how tight does it need to be. I've heard of some guys buggering up the slots and/or the wrench tool that comes with the pistol because the nut is too tight. Does the factory really crank it on pretty tight?

Registered
I don't tighten mine too hard and have never had the nut come loose while shooting. Maybe 10-15 inch pounds if I had to guess.

Registered
The barrel should be properly indexed and the nut tight, pretty tight. On some of the original pistols the barrel would shoot loose. For years now they have come with an O ring to help lock the nut. Some of us put a little blue threadlocker on the threads as well. I still periodically check might for tightness. I also place a wrench over the zinc frame to support it against the torque of tightening the barrel nut. The frame boss that holds the barrel is part of the right frame half only and certainly isn't as strong as the steel boss on say a PP frame. If you try to tighten the nut too tight...the factory wrench will spread. 1917

1 - 5 of 5 Posts