Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own PPQ 9mm and loving it. Ammo is most affordable between "serious" calibers, but each trip to the range cost me $50+ (4 boxes of 50rounds $12.50 each).
This is my solution: Just picked up a P22 for $330 from GunShow. A box 0f 555 rounds cost $20.
Still want to shoot my PPQ but 85% of the range time will be filled with cheap 22LR shooting.
If anybody adopted this practice and how it went?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm in the same boat. I own and PPQ 9mm and just ordered a P22Q. I figure if I can limit myself to only 1 or 2 boxes of 9mm and shoot primarily 22LR, the P22Q will pay for itself and save me money in the long run.

I always have a sense of remorse after spending > $50 at the range. Maybe the 22LR will help with that.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Exactly my thinking!

I saw a review on YouTube with a Walther set containing a PK380 and a P22. The guy who posted the video noted how similar the two models were and that they were packaged as a set with the idea that the P22 would be more of a "trainer". I first bought the PK380 and, ironically, .380 ammo costs more than 9mm. After a couple of range sessions, I remembered the YouTube video and I was surprised to see how much cheaper .22 ammo is compared to everything else.

I found a previously owned P22 which I had no hesitation picking up.

A typical range session for me is 50 rounds on my P99, 50 using my PK380, then as many rounds as I care to shoot downrange with the P22.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I will likely just shoot more of different calibers. I have a ruger 10/22 takedown, PPS, Daniel Defense AR15, and the P22Q that will make it to the range every trip and other firearms will circulate.

·
Registered
70 Posts
It is great practice. Have you considered getting into reloading? I run through about 250 rounds of ammo every weekend for steel challenge. the bullets and primers run about 35 to 40 dollars to "roll them myself"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts