Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have these three pdf files that show how to dis-assemble and reassemble a P22 from 2015 (the P22 is a 2004 model). What are the differences with the new P22QD with the decocker?

Attachments

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
Unusual for me but I have not pulled the breech block out of my QD to see how it works. Should be pretty easy to figure out if you pulled the breech block out of the slide. You will likely have to juggle a couple of things....firing pin and reset spring along with the spring that powers the drop safety/lever. Perhaps the exploded parts diagram shows the layout. Put up some good pictures of the parts if you have the breech block out. I'd like to see what they changed. 1917

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey 1917. I've put everything back together w/o the chocker and spring. The breech block looks exactly like the pre-QD. I didn't know that was a decocker till today when I finally find a diagram of the QD. Google didn't help (for the first time in my life).

I'll take it apart tonight and see if I can figure it out since I know it is a decocker now. Strange that there isn't much information on the decocker - even here.

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
This a new pistol, the de-cocking feature is not on earlier pistols. I have one, not sure I really like it but it does decock like any other PP pistol now. I haven't taken mine apart, in fact I don't shoot that pistol very much and if I didn't have a new suppressor on it probably would have less than 100 rounds through it.

From what I expect....the safety drum presses down on a lever that is fitted to the firing pin block. As the safety lever hits the edge of the red spot mine decocks just like a PP. From inspecting the function of the drop safety or firing pin block what is happening is that the decocking lever is pressing down on the firing pin block which rests on the front arm of the sear. As the safety drum rotates the lever is forced down which forces the firing pin block down which forces the forward arm of the sear down which causes the sear to break with the hammer hook.

I also noticed that Walther is now doing essentially the same thing to hook heigh as I have been doing on my trigger jobs. Lowering the hook height considerably. Their reason I expect is that the firing pin block could not press the front arm of the sear down quite enough to release the hammer. So, they did a nice job of lowering the hooks.....haha....saves me the trouble. This makes for a better trigger in my opinion as the sear has less distance to move to release the hammer which helps reduce any creep. I still changed the engagement angle to lower the trigger to 2.25 lb but...never took the breech block out of the slide so I don't know exactly what the lever or change to the safety drum looks like. Pictures??? Safety drum, lever, firing pin block, top of breech block... 1917

1 - 7 of 7 Posts