Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the Forum and just purchased a P-1.
On my first trip to the range all of the ejected cartridges came straight back at my face or hit me in the left shoulder.
I used 3 different brands of 9mm ammo and the results were the same.
I just read that "The P-38 differs from most auto pistols in that it has a left-side mounted extractor and a right-side ejector. "
Is ejecting straight back and to the left a normal ejection pattern or does my
P-1 need service?
Thanks in advance for any assistance.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I am new to the Forum and just purchased a P-1.
On my first trip to the range all of the ejected cartridges came straight back at my face or hit me in the left shoulder.
I used 3 different brands of 9mm ammo and the results were the same.
I just read that "The P-38 differs from most auto pistols in that it has a left-side mounted extractor and a right-side ejector. "
Is ejecting straight back and to the left a normal ejection pattern or does my
P-1 need service?
Thanks in advance for any assistance.
I solved removing the cartridge indicator pin....
;) :D

Reactions: MGMike

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
I solved removing the cartridge indicator pin....
;) :D
THAT is an ingenious test for erratic ejection.

If the pin is sticking or bent or incorrectly assembled or not otherwise functioning the way it should, it could be interfering with the way the fired cartridge case is pivoted out from under the extractor when it hits the ejector.

What better way to eliminate that possibility as a causal factor than to simply remove it?

M

·
Registered
109 Posts
THAT is an ingenious test for erratic ejection.

If the pin is sticking or bent or incorrectly assembled or not otherwise functioning the way it should, it could be interfering with the way the fired cartridge case is pivoted out from under the extractor when it hits the ejector.

What better way to eliminate that possibility as a causal factor than to simply remove it?

M
...and, above all, it is an easily reversible operation ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts