Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. New member here. I've long wanted a P38/P1 pistol. I finally purchased my first P1 yesterday. It appears to be a BW rework. As I was learning about it I came across how post war barrels were "sleeved". My barrel is the first pinned version. I read a few accounts of the sleeve slipping in the pinned version. Looking at my P1 it looks like the sleeve sticks out a tiny bit at the muzzle. Being my first P1 I don't know if this is normal or if I have a bad barrel. I tried to get good pics to show what I'm talking about. Anyone knowledgeable about the sleeved P1 barrels know if this is OK or a problem?

Thanks all!

·
Registered
127 Posts
The barrel liners/sleeves on both of my "BW" reworked P1s protrude noticeably more than yours at the muzzle. I'm assuming it came that way after the rework as the parkerization on the exposed bit of the liner is even and there is no visible bare metal that would have been indicative of slippage in use.

Enjoy your P1. Not the most ergonomic of handguns, but they are fantastic shooters! I bought both of mine from Gander Mountain back in 2006 for a little over $200 each. Both were apparently unfired after the rework and in absolute mint condition. One is kept unfired as a safe queen and other shot on a semi regular basis.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
There is plenty of place in front of the sleeve to play with, the important part of the fit is at the rear.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts