Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I was sorting through some magazines. 1 P38 and 1 P1 have the same date stamp on the back. the other P1 has a different date and some other marking on the top of the spine. Can anyone tell me anything about that marking? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
270 Posts
Those look like the federal (ie Bundeswehr) inspector or acceptance marks. I may be off, but I consider them along the lines of postwar WaA stamps and pay them little attention.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Yes, those appear to be the “eagle with drooping wings” acceptance marks (with inspector number within the wing tips) of the Federal quality control center. I’ve never specifically noticed them on magazines, but they do denote official, that is police or military usage.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the info guys! Since post war and not the WaA marking do they hold any other value beyond a regular P1 magazine?

·
Premium Member
1,519 Posts
Since post war and not the WaA marking do they hold any other value beyond a regular P1 magazine?
Welcome to the forum.

No they do not. Postwar P38 and P1 magazines are still commonly available.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the forum.
No they do not. Postwar P38 and P1 magazines are still commonly available.
Thank you for the welcome and letting me know the marking is nothing special. I was not sure with that marking if it was a collector piece that I should hold on to.

·
Registered
923 Posts
WII P.38 magazines are Collectibles whereas post war P.38 marked and P-1 marked magazines are not collectibles that I born out by the price of each.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts