Discussion Starter #1
I need to know if the .40 P99 is +p or +P+ rated
and if it is OK to fire Hydroshock ammo through it

·
Registered
16 Posts
I need to know if the .40 P99 is +p or +P+ rated
and if it is OK to fire Hydroshock ammo through it

Unless I'm waayyy behind the times, the 40 S+W cartridge isn't technically classified as +p or +p+...

At least it wasn't a few years ago, I may be behind :)

I can pretty much guarantee that Hydrashock, or any other quality factory-made ammo is fine!

·
Registered
560 Posts
.40 S&W does not come in +P let alone, +P+ pressures - the current .40 S&W round is already a high pressure (filled to capacity) round in its higher end personal protection rounds.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I use to shoot Hydroshock through my p99 40cal no problem. As the above poster stated 40cal bullets do not have a +P round. It might be possible but SAMMI hasn't put out any data on it.

I also suggest Corbon's DPX round as the innovations are far newer and seem to be more effective then Hydroshock. Both rounds are more then acceptable.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I have not shot Hydra-shok ammunition from my 40 caliber P99. However I have shot the improved HST (Hydra-shok two) 40 caliber in the second generation P99 without any problems. Accurate, no jams. The recoil is brisk but controllable.

The Hydra-shok is a proven but older bullet technology. Federal supposedly improved the design with the HST. I have yet to actually shoot it into flesh so I do not know how it performs. However, come to think of it, I never fired the old Hydra-shok bullets into flesh to compare it to. I guess I am just lucky to not be in fire fights on a regular basis.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts