Walther Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought the P-990 and love it. Great little gun. I am going to try to get P-99c here in Pennsylvania. So what's the 99C like. Anybody want to tell me? Might be ordering one soon.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
The compact is everything its big brother is except in a smaller package. I have both in 9mm and the compact is every bit as accurate as my full size and if you really like the one you will be just as pleased with the other. I have medium size hands but they are a bit on the thick side, I have no trouble manipulating the compact. The compact fits my Fobus holster and I have used it in USPSA competitions and have been very pleased with its performance. And when I go to the range I can load up all my full size mags and shoot all day…Neither do I find it to be prohibitive in recoil. For the price that they can be found, I don't think there is any other compact on the market that is the same quality or has as many amenities and I am particularly thinking of Glock and H & K.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jake

Thanks. I am in NJ and triying to find one to hold is nearly impossible. But I am going to order the compact since CDNN is starting to run low on them. I am real happy with the P-990 DOA.

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
Ask for Jerry @ CDNN.. I ordered one 4 days back,,,, he is very helpful... and came with another refference from a Walther guy on this forum.....

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ordered the p-99c sight unseen from Jerry last night. Hope I like it. Ayway I figure its Walther and as I always say. "leave it to the Germans."

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey Arnie,

I have to admit that I am a bit apprehensive about buying the same gun that I already have (in the smaller version, of course), but after listening to everyone else, it only makes sense. I currently have the 2004 P99 AS in 9mm so I may do the same in compact. My hands are a medium size as well. It just makes life easier to be able to use your regular sized mags on your ompact weapon. Cops do it all of the time (a la Glock!)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes, the Compact with AS trigger is great! Awesome accuracy, easily concealable in most pants pockets (I didn't say in jeans), the decocked or heavier first pull in DA mode allows some to feel much better about carrying a loaded chamber, and may I also add Glock-like reliability?  One fine package even if it isn't a Glock, and I liked mine so much I not only bought one I bought two (2) from CDNN Jerry.

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
I went to get mine today from the gunstore..... bought 2 extra mags too...... Well the gun looks nice and the mags were there too,,, however I do need to call CDNN tomorrow and find me the 2nd backstrap.... ummm well there were 2 extra ones in the case but both were for the P99 and not the P99c....
so I will update as i hear from CDNN

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Glockguy & Othello

Happy with a p990 i just bought so will try the compact p99. Just didn't want to lose out on it just in case CDNN no longer stocks them. Got a P990 DAO bought for $299 and shot 100 rounds through it. It was perfect. I like the Walther name. Even at $429 the price for the compact was still a bargain.

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
Called CDNN today about the 2 wrong backstraps in the P99c case.... they told me to call S&W and they will take care of it. Also they said if S&W won't take care of it to call back and they will call them, but then it would take longer to get them due to that S&W would send it to CDNN and then it would get send to me...
S&W ask which size I had and I didn't know and I was not about to take off the backstrap that was on the gun, so I ask them just to send both sizes for the P99c... they said will do .. just hope I get the Walther's and not the S&W backstraps now lol

overall .... CDNN  .... I will buy again from them if the $$$ flow allows to get another one

·
Registered
310 Posts
I got my P99C from CDNN a couple of weeks ago...it's now my carry gun. The difference in size between the P99 and the compact was surprising. It's much more comfortable to carry and easier to conceal. I found the recoil was a little more than I expected, b ut very manageable.

I carry mine in a Comp-Tac Undercover Pro for the P99. It fits perfectly -- there's just some extra room at the bottom of the holster. Fit and retention are identical to the P99. I carry the extra magazine in a Comp-Tac #2 single mag pouch. It virtually disappears on the weak side. In fact, my cell phone is more of a discomfort than the mag pouch!

I just can't believe I waited so long to get the P99C. When I ordered mine (about 3-4 weeks ago), CDNN had about 2 dozen left. If you want one, I'd order soon!

Jim

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
I love the Compact P99 - I shot mine again today - Met someone from online and get shot it too - He liked it a lot - I think he wants one, but by the time he is ready to buy another gun, the AS's will all be gone...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Initially went looking for an XD40 in the sub compact and just happened to look over at the Walther's at the gun store. I know it sounds Cheezy but it was love at first sight. It's just a beautiful pistol and feels right in my hand. I loved the trigger pull and it was no contest compared to the XD. Also I couldn't believe that at this price in this compact market I could find a pistol that allows me to adjust the sights. BIg thums up.

I ordered mine from CDNN on Thursday. P99C 9mm It should be at my local gun shop tomorow morning. (the dude said maybe friday so I'm eagerly awaiting).

I fell in love with the AS trigger and felt it was a safe and viable option for concealed carry. Didn't like the feel of some of the other trigger pulls offered by Walther. The problem I was running into was I heard it on rumor that there was a .40 cal version of the P99c but called every gun shop from San Antonio to Dallas but couldn't find such a beast. I decided to go with the 9mm.

Didn't get to range fire it but saw so many good things from all the forums and dry fire felt so sweet.

Now I just have to find a decent IWB holster for it.

Be Safe,
The Piper

·
Registered
310 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (jpiper @ Feb. 05 2006,21:07)]Now I just have to find a decent IWB holster for it.  
I carry my P99C in a Comp-Tac Undercover Pro holster. Fit and retention for both the P99 and the P99C are perfect (and adjustable). I also have a C.T.A.C but I find that the Undercover pro fits me better. I wear my P99C in the car a lot (2 1/2 hour trips each direction) and I almost forget I'm wearing it. As far as concealing, my wife can't usually tell if I'm carrying unless she hugs me.

I also use a Comp-Tac #2 single mag pouch on the weak side.

Jim

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just picked up my new p99c. If I would like the grip. It is perfect. The grip is absolutely perfect for me. The thing is perfectly balanced and feels great. It is not too small either fits just right. Will shoot it next week though.

Thanks everybody for convincing me to get one.

·
Registered
19 Posts
arnie08515,

You are welcome and my hope is you enjoy yours as much as other Waltherforumers including myself.  

I also like and understand your comment jpiper . . .
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I fell in love with the AS trigger and felt it was a safe and viable option for concealed carry
as the AS trigger is a great P99c compliment!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey Folks, I just bought a P99c QA in 40S&W and really like it....great fit...great accuracy...and I was not sure about the QA action with all the great comments about the AS action, but now I really like it, plus when it is decocked it really is....pull the trigger and nada...gotta pull the slide back a smig and your back cocked. The one thing I would like is if the cocked indicator protruded like the AS so you could just feel it rather than have to look for the red dot...but hey life is about compromises.

Also looking for a IWB holster but since the slide is not scaloped like the 9mm I am not sure it will fit the hard cased type for a 9....may take a while for the vendors to get up to speed.

Great Forum...Mike

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
Yayyyy
I got to shoot both my 9mm today.... my wife is really happy with the P99c... so it might be her range gun and my carry gun (once the CC gets here) though I hope I might get enough cash to buy another P99c or I might consider selling my .40cal  P99/AS couse I really love the Compact.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts